Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Medbay feature discussion: Dialysis machine
An interesting concept for a new toy for Medbay; the dialysis machine could draw up a patient's blood -- much like an IV can -- and purge any non-blood chemicals from that draw before putting it back in. It could inherit the hypospray/automender whitelist so that many medical chems would be excluded from being destroyed while still allowing some niche counters like epinephrine or meth overdoses. In essence, a slower yet less fraught method of purging bad shit without cutting them open and squeezing they heart.

Speculative drawings attached.

[Image: B3supYI.gif]
[Image: CrWa3ZI.gif]

If emagged, perhaps it could pump someone full of heparin. I'unno, real dialysis machines use heparin to prevent blood from clotting in the tubing hence the idea.
i would very much like something to make poisonings a little less lopsided in choice:
[Image: Q1ldKiI.png]

this presents at least a better choice than 'PENT and nothing else', perhaps you can use more than 1 medicine on a poison victim this way. all the damn purgatives just turn doctoring into "hope he doesnt die before the purgatives get rid of the poison!
[Image: unknown.png]

merge now
It seems pretty useful and I believe we an use this while experimenting with bloodstuff too
Yes, good. Call it a "Space Dialysis Machine". I had wanted to add a machine that does this literally like in 2019 and would, but nobody would make a sprite! I will make this for you, and for all spacemen, if nobodt has alreasy stolen it out from under me. I promise it will jot taoe 2 weeks.

I even searched "space dialysis" in discord just now and found my old post in discord about it:

[Image: Polish_20230913_122436861.jpg]

Efrem's concept art:

[Image: unknown.png]
the sprites look super good but also you're probably gonna wanna have a way for them to get Visibly Hooked Up to someone. whether this is a simple "context"-sensitive (read: "which adjacent tile are they standing on") variant or like an bed or something, it'll be nice so people can tell if a patient actively needs to be hooked up or not at a glance
I think this is a great concept to move away from flushers (especially pentetic acids) dominance and introduce more complexity into medbay that does not involve introducing another medical chem. Also, it pronounces medbay as a advanced treating station, since it's simply stationary.

Accompany sich a machine with a pentetic/charcoal/hunchback/calomel nerf in flushing caoacoty, and it would fot like a glove.
it exists now
Damn, man...