Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lying down ontop of explosives makes the explosion weaker
Based on the idea of lying on top of a live grenade to absorb the explosion and make sure your comrades aren't hurt by the explosion. Maybe make it apply only to smaller explosions like grenades and pipebombs, or weaken the explosion rating of any explosives in general.
funnily enough, devs recently discovered that standing directly on top of a live grenade means you get hit with exactly none of the shrapnel.

Wouldn’t mind the suggested mechanic, sounds interesting.
I think severely damaging (or even gibbing?) the person on top of the grenade and reducing the blast radius would be a very neat idea. Take one for the team!
This is a cool idea, I'd like to see it happen
I wanna see people dive onto grenades and get their guts blown out. +1
As long as the person jumping on it gets gibbed 100%
good idea https://github.com/goonstation/goonstation/pull/15855
this idea is so good i think it's actually two ideas?

1. As a simulation-focused game, actively covering an explosive with your body could be an interesting mechanic
This makes sense as a general mechanic for a specific class of explosive item i.e. a small-to-medium sized explosive item laying directly on the ground

2. The specific dramatic trope of a hero falling on a grenade, knowing (gruesome) death is 100% guaranteed
These should be custom suicides for dangerous, armed, grenade-like items.

Working on changing code to actually match this split - but given the conversation on the PR, wanted to see what people here think as well.
Dunno what they say on the PR but grenades shouldn't gib someone but definitely blow some limbs off, pipebomb would blow their organs out and probably limbs, anything bigger than a pipebomb would gib if someone lays on top of it.
I don't think a basic grenade should gib you but it should definitely fill you with shrapnel, severely wound you and probably blow a limb off
the clown should be more effective at this so people throw clowns at explosives.
Always a fan of more clown based explosive uses on station.
(09-17-2023, 02:53 PM)KikiMofo Wrote: Dunno what they say on the PR but grenades shouldn't gib someone but definitely blow some limbs off, pipebomb would blow their organs out and probably limbs, anything bigger than a pipebomb would gib if someone lays on top of it.

Pipebombs can gib. I personally think that diving on the bomb should deal more damage to you (or equal in terms of gibbing) than standing on the same tile as it.

It us intended to be a heroic sacrifice, not a metastrat to survive bombs.
Well I guess it depends on what the pipebomb is filled with. Not sure what pipebomb filling gibs people myself because I never make them. I just make TTVs.
Black powder pipe bombs gib on the same tile regardless, so IMO that should be the only one that gibs the one making a noble sacrifice. I think phlog pipebombs immediately stage 3 firing the victim + 200 burn would be interesting, and regular WF pipebombs doing the same with 100-200 burn, as an addition to regular effects.