Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Move the Oshan NT Commander NPC to a more public location
The Oshan NPC is cool and unique however I think his usage is hindered due to being locked away in the bridge which most don't have access to. I think he should probably be moved to either the crew quarters or near the radio office at escape.
sure someone pr it

i think that whole dumbass grind should be totally gutted and command should just have access to those tbh someone pr that instead
I am like: The grind seems like a fun side activity, but kinda pointless.

In my opinion it can be scrapped... it's Oshan excluse (and was on Manta command too), but in my opinion.. we shouldnt encourage players to grind syndicate boards to give to a NPC for points for items.

Repurpose the NPC to a shop maybe or trader
It being an oshan only thing is indeed weird yes.

Scope creep opinion: have it work on all maps, or none

That said i can pr this original idea rq

https://github.com/goonstation/goonstation/pull/15562
pull request opened
(08-29-2023, 01:50 AM)Tyrant Wrote: It being an oshan only thing is indeed weird yes.

Scope creep opinion: have it work on all maps, or none

That said i can pr this original idea rq
Maybe make all the syndicate drones drop boards and put the NPC on the space diner
I'm definitely biased because I maxed out that rep, and even then I think I agree that it'd be better if you could turn in the boards in a public area, but I can see upsides to the current system.

- As an area, the bridge is a pretty memey, having an "NPC bigshot" there gives it a bit more significance
- Asking AI/Heads to let you into the bridge to talk to an npc makes for heads interdepartmental interaction which is super rare
- Neato story: there was one time where the tele computer room was hacked open, so I used it to tele to the bridge, but couldn't get out because nobody would respond to my call for help. I spent the next minutes breaking the plasmaglass above, with my trusty shark killing spear to get out of there.
How about arrivals everyone has access.
heads up that the NT commander is now in crew lounge and has been for a while (pr got merged). feel free to code any further movings though
update
i put the nt commander in an armchair but he has rendered behind the chair.
this apparently warrants a "bug hall of fame" label
my shame cannot be described by any language of mankind