Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[MERGED PR] Makes a SICC core if no AI joins at roundstart
Thumbs Up 
PULL REQUEST DETAILS

About the PR
Replaces that horrible, mocking cardboard box that spawns in the core if there's no AI at roundstart with a empty latejoin AI core.

Why's this needed?
Because I think it's silly to completely remove AIs from the round if one doesn't roundstart and the MDir doesn't feel like giving out their manudrive.

Changelog

Code:
changelog
(u)Paaiii
(+)Replaces that cardboard box that spawns in the AI core if there's no AI with an empty SICC AI core.

PULL REQUEST DETAILS
I don't mind this. The MDir should only give AI cores out for more AI cores if needed. A new AI if the old one died/quit. Or to rebuild the old AI.
I'd love for this to go through, the chance of a late-join AI ever being built during a shift tends to be fairly low so if you don't ready up in time you're basically doomed. While the cardboard box is kind of funny I won't miss it if this goes through.

The only real concern I can think of is the potential of an unawakened AI being stolen before someone can join. I don't exactly think it's something that would happen often but I could definitely see it happening in the future. While the AI core room is difficult to break into the main "threat" of breaking into the room is the AI catching you and calling for help, if it's not even awake that's not an issue. Imagine late-joining as an AI and being stuck in the listening post lol. I don't think this alone is enough to disregard the idea of a late-join AI altogether of course, the likelihood of someone stealing a late-join core seems pretty low to me. Basically, this isn't a point against the PR, just something to consider in the future I guess?
Does the empty SICC core also spawn when the AI buys Missile Arrival with spacebux?
(08-17-2023, 12:16 AM)medsal15 Wrote: Does the empty SICC core also spawn when the AI buys Missile Arrival with spacebux?

SICC cyborgs don't get this either. It just gets refunded.
I still think that a latejoin AI should descend from the heavens above to squash the cardboard box rather than outright getting rid of it. It's cute.
(08-17-2023, 07:08 AM)DisturbHerb Wrote: I still think that a latejoin AI should descend from the heavens above to squash the cardboard box rather than outright getting rid of it. It's cute.

That sounds like fun, you could also mess with any latejoining AI by replacing the cardboard box with a monkey or something that just gibs when the AI descends. "This just in, AI Killed a Baby Seal!!!!"
I like it
(08-17-2023, 07:08 AM)DisturbHerb Wrote: I still think that a latejoin AI should descend from the heavens above to squash the cardboard box rather than outright getting rid of it. It's cute.

This but not necessarily as dramatic. The box could just kinda fall open and, wouldn't you know it, there was a core inside it the whole time
(08-16-2023, 05:51 PM)TemThrush Wrote: I'd love for this to go through, the chance of a late-join AI ever being built during a shift tends to be fairly low so if you don't ready up in time you're basically doomed. While the cardboard box is kind of funny I won't miss it if this goes through.

The only real concern I can think of is the potential of an unawakened AI being stolen before someone can join. I don't exactly think it's something that would happen often but I could definitely see it happening in the future. While the AI core room is difficult to break into the main "threat" of breaking into the room is the AI catching you and calling for help, if it's not even awake that's not an issue. Imagine late-joining as an AI and being stuck in the listening post lol. I don't think this alone is enough to disregard the idea of a late-join AI altogether of course, the likelihood of someone stealing a late-join core seems pretty low to me. Basically, this isn't a point against the PR, just something to consider in the future I guess?

Make it so their bolts are unscrewable until it gets a player in it
imo give the core a % chance to spawn in wearing the cardboard box as a hat