Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Arcade Expansion
Star 
This was tossed around as an idea in the discord, and I thought it was a good enough Idea that I would make a forum post for it. 

Idea: 
Use Angler Code to make the arcade machines spit out tickets, that you could then turn into a booth for miscellaneous prizes!

Prizes could include miscellaneous "garbage" items, to semi useful items, and possibly even some kind of Grand Prize item that could have a fun gimmick about it. 

Any further ideas or discourse is encouraged and welcome. Thank you.
It honestly makes more sense for the arcade to have a ticket and prize machine than fishing upon reflection..

But I think the biggest question for an arcade expansion would be the VR games. Do those give tickets too? If so, based on what? If not, do we want more arcade machines alongside more rewards so you aren't just playiing robuttris for 30 minutes?
This seems like a fantastic idea. Maybe some kind of vending machine to handle the prize dispensing, with a limit on how many different kinds of prize there are (1 grand prize, 5 super prizes, 10 great prizes, unlimited rubbishy prizes, etc) to make the better ones feel more valuable.

Plus I guess you could turn it into a whole thing where if you can turn money into tickets (and each game costing 1 or 2 tickets to play), which could have funny consequences such as cargo dumping their entire budget into winning a grand prize or sth.

My only concern is that arcade gameplay as it doesn't usually have action bars or sound effects is basically like genetics: stare into a ui while motionless to everyone else. Maybe some extra visual effects in the world and some emotes ("sweats with concentration") could help make them feel a bit more interactive.

Oh and having more kinds of games too.

Oh yeah i forgot about vr games. Those probably should be integrated into the system, yes.