jamal jones HOS application
Usual character name: Jamal Jones
BYOND username:deathrobotpunch1
Discord username (if you are on our discord): deathrobotpunch
Goon servers you play:goon 1

Reason for application: my reason for application is so I can get the necessary powers and abilities to better the security team and keep the station a safe space for all crew members

Security experience (300 word minimum): now I can say that i know how to use the security computers or know space law off by heart but in the security sector that doesn't mean anything, true sec experience is socially gained and requires you to know the unwritten laws rather than the written.

I make sure to not to arrest antags that are just fooling around unless they are doing harm and always be lenient in your punishments. I also have the experience of training sec assistants and showing them how to work all the confusing security equipment. another piece of experience is ALWAYS DON'T TRUST ANYONE WEARING A LIGHT SPACE SUIT more often than not they are a mass murderer and should be put on parole to warn other sec members of suspicious activity.

I have fought against many antagonists all shapes and sizes and i would like to create a list of my general attitude against them:

Changeling> due to the changelings general rampage nature I always arrest them on sight, if I can confirm they haven't been committing genocide then I let them go

werewolf> I only arrest them and sometimes execute them if they are rampaging, if they are just using it for small crimes or just a gimmick then I am more lenient and tell them to stop. In the event that they are killing everyone then just kill them without question

Wizards> with Wizards they are always a 50/50. they are either being secs worst nightmare or a lovable friend that turns people into animals, but in the event that they are killing people I never arrest them because of what they are capable of

traitor> depends if they are using rampaging weapons or not, if not and committing minor crimes then arrest them.

flock> Flockmind is ALWAYS KOS, they are nothing but a parasite and can not participate in gimmicks or be friendly

Blob> see flock

Aside from all that i know how to have fun and regularly join in on gimmicks others have created like being appointed the captains bodyguard or arresting the HoS for the murder of Jones the cat, I feel that the sec officers that don't know how to have fun and arrest everyone is why sec has a permanent tinge of bad reputation and I aim whenever I play sec not to be a 'shitsec' that others loathe.

Answer two or more of the following:
  • What advice would you give to other sec players? always be respectful and lenient based on the situation provided, try to be creative and have fun!
  • Describe any differences in your play style when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer. When I'm playing sec officer on my own I never feel like I can do my best, and since no one can support me I am forced to be harsher on the crew. since during the week I always play on low-pop times If I was hop then I could support the crew better

[*]What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run? I remember when I was just beginning to play sec and the HoS decided to play stinger grenade hot potato and we would throw it to each other until it blew up and someone was out!

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): I have been banned for saying inappropriate words and killing a bee as ghostdrone and this was all done when i was a newbee and have not been banned recently
1 month not a single comment damn
We appreciate the time and effort you put into this application, but have decided to deny it due to a lack of community response. You're welcome to reapply in 60 days, which would be 23rd January 2024