Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reword PDA Desc. of rev flashbangs
NOT THE INGAME ALT-CLICK DESCRIPTION. Just wanted to get that out of the way.

PDA Rev flashbang extended description could use a bit of a tweak to reflect how it actually works.

Current Description:
This single-use flashbang will convert all crew within range. It doesn't matter who primes the flash - it will convert all the same.

My problem with this is it implies it will convert crew with loyalty no matter what - this is false, it only breaks implants, and flashbangs have a cooldown on their effect.

Proposed Description:
This single-use flashbang will convert all crew within range, but only shatter the loyalty implants of crew who have them. It doesn't matter who primes the flash - but crew will need a few seconds after a flashbang to respond to another.

This more accurately reflects the functionality of the item - the cooldown of revving someone with two flashbangs is considerable enough that it should be said - As even waiting for the current one to detonate and priming immediately does not work

Making this post because the current description misled me about how rev flashbangs worked when I rolled revhead and looked at it, hoping for clarity. It would have been nice if I got clarification on mechanics of the item that REALLY should have been described.
Sure, seems like an easy change. Now someone pr it..

(A great deal of items could use better descriptions...)
(08-08-2023, 06:18 PM)Cal Wrote: Sure, seems like an easy change. Now someone pr it..

(A great deal of items could use better descriptions...)

A lot do yea...
I think we as a community should just put up a list of items that are "TOO VAGUE" or "INCORRECT" and redo their descriptions.
I can I just feel having two open PRs is enough for now. I'm going to wait until one or the other gets pulled/closed before I do that
Perhaps a bit of a necropost, but here's the PR now: https://github.com/goonstation/goonstation/pull/15499