Nanotrasen Security Consultant Application
Usual character name: Gordon Lloyd
BYOND Username: Monarch_Le_King
Discord username (if you are on our discord): N/A
Recommended by (if applicable): N/A
Goon servers you play: Server 3

Reason for application: I want access to the Nanotrasen Security Consultant position to have a more positively impactful presence in every station I'm involved with. People will feel reassured of their safety and mental well-being if an experienced officer arrives to handle their problems and ensure that the station is managed safely and with the necessary care. Of course, I'll only be deligating the Head of Security's delegations. Still, I will ensure that each assignment is done appropriately and with the proper enforcement when necessary. Note: By an experienced officer, I mean a role only given to people who can be trusted with it. For example, it is very reassuring to talk with a Head of Security if you ever have a problem.

Security experience (300 word minimum):
 Admittedly, I haven't been a Security Officer long. Still, I have a comprehensive understanding of the station's laws, regulations and the proper enforcement of those rules to keep order and peace. My enforcement of the regulations is bureaucratic, meaning I always try to acquire a detailed explanation of what occurred, who committed the crime, and what they were doing, and then hand out the most appropriate sentencing for their actions. I proceed with this enforcement in steps. 1. First, be informed and learn about the situation. 2. Investigate. 3. Inquire about what happened at the scene. 4. Inform my team of what occurred. 5. Take steps to resolve the problem. 6. Solve the problem to the best of my or my team's ability to solve the problem. 7. Document the crucial facts on a person's profile if needed. While performing all these steps, I ensure that the people (onlookers, perpetrators) being investigated are treated with respect and that when done with the questioning, I thank them for their time. 

I was taught that if you want people to act civil, you need to treat them civil, even if you're one hundred percent they did something wrong. A person may rethink their actions after serving their sentence if they're treated with respect, then for them to turn into a repeated offender if they were treated with malice and disrespect. If I need help understanding something, I ask enough questions until I know something adequately. An NCO (Noncommissioned Officer) once told me, "It is better to look dumb for asking too many questions than it is to look stupid for not knowing how to do your job because you didn't ask on how to do it, if you didn't understand." One situation is when you're asking questions in a stress-free environment, and the other is when you're asking stressful questions during the heat of the moment. I understand it is more important to swallow your pride than it is to get hung up on being embarrassed. If I don't know something or am unsure, I'll ask my fellow Officers or the Head of Security. No one person is an army, and not one person will always know the right call or answer.

Answer two or more of the following:
  • What advice would you give to other sec players?
    • Just because someone is a beast, like an antagonist like a werewolf, Vampire, or Arcfiend, it doesn't mean you should beat them up and arrest them immediately. If someone hasn't committed a crime, it doesn't give you the right to arrest someone for existing. If you see a wizard, don't immediately try to arrest them; start some dialogue and inform them to keep being a productive crew member (without any snark.)
  • What was one of your favorite security moments? (Either playing as a sec officer or interacting with one)
  • What game improvements or changes do you think would benefit security players?
    • More security positions would be great for diversifying the role.
  • Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer.
Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):
  • Write a poem to convey your thoughts on security/NanoTrasen/space/bees/anything related to SS13.
  • What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run?
    • A werewolf detective or officer, like Bigby from the Telltales games.
  • Draw a picture!
Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): Never Banned
WHile heart is in the right place the application is to be both a head of security OR an ntsc not just one.
While you have a good desire and your heart and mind is in the right place, I'd like to see some more experience under your belt and some activity in trying to lead/teach
I don't know. While you seem to know the procedure and listed important things that security must know and do, I feel the NTSC position is naturally linked to the HOS position. Sometimes the head of security gets imploded or need to cryo, and usually the NTSC replaces them while there's not a hos present. I feel you can't choose only one of the jobs, and should be ready for both, since both are jobs related to leading and coordinating security.
I do not really understand why you are applying purely from the NTSC side.

The HoS and NTSC roles are linked and our primary concern is with suitability for the HoS role where you will be required to lead, not just follow orders and rigidly interpret the law.
We really appreciate the time and effort you put into this application, but have decided to deny it due to lack of community response and the application lacking clarity about your intents as Head Of Security. You're welcome to reapply in 60 days, which would be 23rd January 2024. In the meantime, I'd encourage you to keep sec officering!