Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Museum of Past Mistakes
As of right now, the void is relatively boring, and has turned more into a gauntlet to run for loot than an actually fun location to explore. My suggestion is to replace it with/include within it: A museum of past mistakes. This would be a museum/location filled with references to removed features: Staffed by Technical Assistants, includes exhibits such as: Model Singularity Engine, TURDs office, Deactivated Security Cyborg, Antique Bruise Pack: Cool stuff that's been removed. For OP shit that people would try to steal, just make it not work: A rusted shut port-a-poo, broken down clown car (already located in VR), horribly stained satanist robes.

Just, interesting things like that.
Quote:As of right now, the void is relatively boring, and has turned more into a gauntlet to run for loot than an actually fun location to explore.

How would this new location be any different? All locations are boring once you've seen them enough!

Quote:This would be a museum/location filled with references to removed features: Staffed by Technical Assistants, includes exhibits such as: Model Singularity Engine, TURDs office, Deactivated Security Cyborg, Antique Bruise Pack: Cool stuff that's been removed. For OP shit that people would try to steal, just make it not work: A rusted shut port-a-poo, broken down clown car (already located in VR), horribly stained satanist robes.

This would probably turn into a dumb circlejerky "hey guys do you remember this dumb thing that got taken out 4 years ago" injoke center.
I like this idea, but alot of past mistakes can be found around the place, there's various stuff or "past mistakes" already in space, and around the station.

I don't understand the problem with having older objects ingame unless the code is wonky. Saying something would turn circklejerky is a really really weak excuse for not having it ingame. What's wrong with having one suit of TURD armor so a traitor can go out to space, use his synd-ID as TURD and pretend to be TURD?
Also if i'm not mistaken isn't there a singularity turret (the heavy laser one) around the place? I'm almost certain there's one, that can be even scanned electronically. I missed using them as traps.

I think there could be more past stuff (broken clown car, broken porta-loo, ripped satanist robes,etc) around z-levels, not specifically void.

Agreed the void could use a redesign/tweak. Doesn't even need to be expanded, it's storyline (weird twilight zone, space between spaces kinda thing) is very interesting.
Sundance Wrote:I like this idea, but alot of past mistakes can be found around the place, there's various stuff or "past mistakes" already in space, and around the station.

I don't understand the problem with having older objects ingame unless the code is wonky. Saying something would turn circklejerky is a really really weak excuse for not having it ingame. What's wrong with having one suit of TURD armor so a traitor can go out to space, use his synd-ID as TURD and pretend to be TURD?
Also if i'm not mistaken isn't there a singularity turret (the heavy laser one) around the place? I'm almost certain there's one, that can be even scanned electronically. I missed using them as traps.

I think there could be more past stuff (broken clown car, broken porta-loo, ripped satanist robes,etc) around z-levels, not specifically void.

Agreed the void could use a redesign/tweak. Doesn't even need to be expanded, it's storyline (weird twilight zone, space between spaces kinda thing) is very interesting.

I'm fine with having references scattered around the place, but having an entire area that's just a bunch of references is a bit too much.
Okay this idea is pretty cool. though I don't want the void replaced.
the ambience in the void is amazing imo
I like it aswell. The funner part of exploring is seeing weird things and reading strange stories on an abandoned station. The museum will need a guide like the station has. With a tourist bot that follows it around and takes pictures with sleezy comments about fashion.