Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Add Sous-Chef as a roundstart role!
(08-06-2023, 08:18 AM)mintyphresh Wrote: This... Makes no sense to have as a roundstart role. Guaranteed gimmick job, sure, but if you join as sous-chef with no chef, you're just a chef. Why add the ability to join as a support role when the role you're supporting isn't guaranteed to be staffed?

Just make it so the slot opens when a chef joins
(08-06-2023, 08:47 AM)Cal Wrote: Just make it so the slot opens when a chef joins

Agreed, make it roll for sous chef only if a chef already was sucessfull rolled.
If I felt like being the only chef and a sous joined, I'd ask them to do something slightly related. Maybe have them do the waiters job and bring food to the tables so everyone isn't crowding around the serving table. Or go out and take requests. Have them be a delivery boy for the entire station, because who wouldn't like the searching for food part be taken out of the eating routine? Reasonable people would listen and at least stay off your toes, and if someone unreasonable joins...I guess go around and face fart the station.

I do understand the complaint and where people are coming from though.
I feel like a better idea would just be to increase the amount of chefs to two instead of having the chef and the chef but less cool.
(08-06-2023, 01:41 PM)Ikea Wrote: I feel like a better idea would just be to increase the amount of chefs to two instead of having the chef and the chef but less cool.

I dont see it tbh, Im just not a big fan of increasing then number of chefs to 2. Having a sous chef just seems more interesting and adds the dynamic of boss and assistant which I find very intriguing. Having 2 chefs in the kitchen just doesnt seem natural to me. Plus sous chef is plenty cool frown.
(08-06-2023, 02:11 PM)Frolicsome Flufficorn Wrote:
(08-06-2023, 01:41 PM)Ikea Wrote: I feel like a better idea would just be to increase the amount of chefs to two instead of having the chef and the chef but less cool.

I dont see it tbh, Im just not a big fan of increasing then number of chefs to 2. Having a sous chef just seems more interesting and adds the dynamic of boss and assistant which I find very intriguing. Having 2 chefs in the kitchen just doesnt seem natural to me. Plus sous chef is plenty cool frown.

Agree with this point. Any additional kitchen staff should be under the chef in terms of kitchen rank
(08-06-2023, 08:47 AM)Cal Wrote:
(08-06-2023, 08:18 AM)mintyphresh Wrote: This... Makes no sense to have as a roundstart role. Guaranteed gimmick job, sure, but if you join as sous-chef with no chef, you're just a chef. Why add the ability to join as a support role when the role you're supporting isn't guaranteed to be staffed?

Just make it so the slot opens when a chef joins

NanoTrasen-Sous Chef
(08-06-2023, 06:59 PM)Mouse Wrote: NanoTrasen-Sous Chef

Get the Nanotrasen- Sous chef when you do a head of Kitchen application. and get your soupbringer!