Thread Rating:
  • 23 Vote(s) - 2.09 Average
Removing farts [CONTROVERSIAL AF]
yo
what if
fart
but like
no fart :o

(Starting with removing flatulence from the atmospherics system, not the emote itself.)
I would like a counter pr to add 2x the fart.

Really tho, its part of goon's identity. we're the fart server
But what if we dont have to be the fart server. We could be something that isnt just kinda gross and weird
I would say it's a part of Goon's history, and perhaps part of Classic culture (I wouldn't know)

But my experience in RP leads me to think we're not missing out on mu h if we remove it. I've only ever seen it used to disrespect people who are horizontal, and to die on the bible (disregarding situations where a person's fart has been empowered by genetics).

At the same time... We really don't stand to benefit much by removing farts as a whole, and it's a lot of work. I can't speak to this post's focus on removing farts in atmos, as I rarely use it for anything except stinking up a room, but it... Just why? It's an obscure mechanic, funny for gimmicks, and I'm pretty satisfied with that.
What if farts took into account the temperature of the farter!
What if you would spontaniously combust if you don't fart every 5 minutes?
FARTING IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING ON CLASSIC, WITHOUT FARTING WE WOULD BE NOTHING!!!! plus farting is used in engineering for various useful purposes.
Its a essential part of goonstation, if farts were to get removed I would leave goonstation and never return!

YOU CANT TAKE FARTS FROM ME RP PLAYERS!
(07-30-2023, 11:14 PM)Frolicsome Flufficorn Wrote: FARTING IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING ON CLASSIC, WITHOUT FARTING WE WOULD BE NOTHING!!!! plus farting is used in engineering for various useful purposes.
Its a essential part of goonstation, if farts were to get removed I would leave goonstation and never return!

YOU CANT TAKE FARTS FROM ME RP PLAYERS!

Don't you dare make this about RP-players... many of us DON'T want to loose farts as well!

THE AUDACITY!!!11!!1
(07-30-2023, 07:59 PM)Cherman0 Wrote: But what if we dont have to be the fart server. We could be something that isnt just kinda gross and weird

so true bestie, remove farts today

the admins don't want you to know this, but they're actually dumb and stupid and haven't been funny for years and it's also gross and turns people off
i could get in trouble for telling you this so 🤫
Ooh look a remove farts or/and burps topic.

Luckily everyone already pointed out that farts aren't just "Funny sounds"
So I have not much to add cept one thing.

Never eat eggs!
Farts are integral to goon station
2024 april fools, replace all percievably Gross content and words with candy and children cheering. its pretty macabre/gross you can get thrown in a wood chipper and turned into a burger, must turn some people off. let alone letting people play a stock whoopee cushion sound effect.
(07-31-2023, 03:36 AM)TDHooligan Wrote: 2024 april fools, replace all percievably Gross content and words with candy and children cheering. its pretty macabre/gross you can get thrown in a wood chipper and turned into a burger, must turn some people off. let alone letting people play a stock whoopee cushion sound effect.

[Image: 1f644.png]
blood and guts are way grosser than farts, sorry
(07-31-2023, 04:59 AM)Mouse Wrote: blood and guts are way grosser than farts, sorry

True