Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Cinnamon!
Hello,

I would like to suggest the addition of a new plant in botany and some of the possible things that can be made from CINNAMON.

Cinnamon could be introduced into botany as a "Cinnamon Tree" where it will be sourced from. The raw produce would be "Cinnamon Bark" which could be used with an extractor to obtain the chemical "Cinnamon".

A few things that come that cinnamon could be used in would be:
  • Just Cinnamon could be used to "spice" up drinks (maybe adding a couple of other spices even)
  1. Some cinnamon spiced drinks could be ranging from tea, coffee, wine (like glühwein or glögg), rum, whiskey/bourbon, etc.
  2. Some spiced drinks could even require being heated first. Example being spiced/mulled wines are typically served hot since they're winter drinks.
  • Cinnamon + Sugar -> Cinnamon Sugar
  1. Cinnamon Sugar could be used to make foods like cinnamon rolls, churros, snicker-doodles, cinnamon toast, and the list can go on.
  • Cinnamon also has a really nice scent, so new rafflesia infusion? Maybe it should make people hungrier.

There are some other things I could be missing so feel free to add-on or critique anything. Chemical mixes with cinnamon can be refined with some discussion perhaps.

Azurnite
Mutant Strain: Sin-namon
I'm down for this, would love to make Cinnamon sugar donuts as a chef.

Side note, i'm reminded of the cinnamon challenge from a few years back and i think it'd be fun to cough up clouds of cinnamon colored smoke if you had too much at once
As a big enjoyer of cinnamon, I approve of this idea.
I never requested this since I though it might been added later.

But this will make great for apple pies, cinnamon buns and such.
(07-29-2023, 05:39 PM)Dhaidburt Wrote: I'm down for this, would love to make Cinnamon sugar donuts as a chef.

Side note, i'm reminded of the cinnamon challenge from a few years back and i think it'd be fun to cough up clouds of cinnamon colored smoke if you had too much at once

It could also cause suffocation if there is enough consumed, which could mean it can be used as a weapon too!

Those cinnamon donuts can be quite dangerous. >:]
Okay, I liked the idea so much, I coded it. Made a cinnamon plant that produces cinnamon sticks, which contain a cinnamon chem. Loved the suggestions, so I built in an OD effect of the chem (subject to balance, currently set to 20u), which has a chance to cause LOSEBREATH, a brief restrain in place and spit out the 20u of the chem. This process creates a smoke cloud akin to smoking.

Working on some art assets with the help of a friend, but the code is done and works. Might go ahead and add cinnamon to cinnamon donuts, because shocker, right now they contain none.
(07-30-2023, 09:07 AM)Glamurio Wrote: Okay, I liked the idea so much, I coded it. Made a cinnamon plant that produces cinnamon sticks, which contain a cinnamon chem. Loved the suggestions, so I built in an OD effect of the chem (subject to balance, currently set to 20u), which has a chance to cause LOSEBREATH, a brief restrain in place and spit out the 20u of the chem. This process creates a smoke cloud akin to smoking.

Working on some art assets with the help of a friend, but the code is done and works. Might go ahead and add cinnamon to cinnamon donuts, because shocker, right now they contain none.

This was something I had thought of after posting it, but was not sure if it was possible to do. So that's nice it can be done actually.
admins can see everything everywhere, but can they see why staffies love cinnamon toast crunch?
PR is up, let's hope it gets added
https://github.com/goonstation/goonstation/pull/15192
Suggestion: make it a condiment.

It can be a main ingredient in recipes but hear me out

Cinnamon apple pies
Cinnamon Apple cider
Cinnamon Sugar Cookies
Add Cinnamon to a drink.

As for its properties. If you ingest chemical Cinnamon by itself, you gasp and take 15 Oxy damage and cough for a while

If it is used as a condiment, make it give a small Stat boost, maybe a small thermal resistance or even just more thirst/hunger for RP.

The possibilities are near endless and honestly could be really fun.

Good idea +1 from me
(07-31-2023, 04:19 AM)Glamurio Wrote: PR is up, let's hope it gets added
https://github.com/goonstation/goonstation/pull/15192

Some news: this indeed got a couple hours ago.