Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A few ideas for angler traitor items
Fish Sharpener:  An item that, when used on a fish, turns it into a weapon.  Rarer fish make stronger weapons, and specific fish may have special qualities when sharpened.  (For instance, a lava fish would deal BURN and set people on fire, a pike would get a special that attacks people two, or even three, tiles away, because gettit, pike?)

Gashunk Frame:  Attach a fish to these mechanical legs and get a hostile critter that spews poison and is friendly towards anglers.  Rarer fish make stronger critters!

Phishing Rod:  Use this on a person to pull credits directly out of their bank account.
These are all funny ideas. I like them all. Very good. I like the Phishing rod. That's a good use of word play. But yeah I would be more than happy with all these ideas getting added for the angler!
(07-29-2023, 06:23 AM)Mouse Wrote: Fish Sharpener:  An item that, when used on a fish, turns it into a weapon.  Rarer fish make stronger weapons, and specific fish may have special qualities when sharpened.  (For instance, a lava fish would deal BURN and set people on fire, a pike would get a special that attacks people two, or even three, tiles away, because gettit, pike?)

Gashunk Frame:  Attach a fish to these mechanical legs and get a hostile critter that spews poison and is friendly towards anglers.  Rarer fish make stronger critters!

Phishing Rod:  Use this on a person to pull credits directly out of their bank account.

100% love the idea of a fish sharpener, gives the angler a reason to fish up in specific places and either use their traitor tools in order to do so or convince others to let them in in order to fish! Also easy to carry and won't alert anyone until its too late.

At first i was iffy on the Gashunk frame, like where would you even put the legs on each fish, but then I realized that's half the fun. Slap the legs on like a sticker and watch your victim get beat to death by flounders with chin-legs!

LOVE the phishing rod. It needs to be as subtle as a slot machine so you can have the funniest of hijinx stealing people's money right in front of them
I really like the Gashunk frame. It'd likely be fairly complicated to make work, but the potential is very high and different types of fish producing different types of poisons sounds fun. Maybe it could be really expensive but at the same time offer the opportunity of self-reproducing and spreading to other fish nearby (to an extent). Also i just really like the Gyo reference.

And the phishing rod is pretty funny. Maybe you could use it to fish directly into people's pockets from afar and pull stuff out. Or maybe you pull the rod a little too hard and you rip their pants off, cartoon-style. Or it could leave a hole in their pocket which makes items occasionally fall out of them until they change their uniform!
I have brought that very pun to the Devs in discord. Unfortunately but for good reason, they don't want anything that says "Phishing" in the code.

I LOVE the fish sharpener idea.

I also have an idea for a mono-wire fishing rod that can do the Monowire grab from 2 tiles away or something.

Or maybe a "Fly Fishing" pole that is like a wasp crossbow but it shoots out a sawfly
Give them a "bait" item, which is a holographic bomb that can mimic the appearance of ANY item, and explodes on pickup.
(08-01-2023, 03:40 AM)Glamurio Wrote: Give them a "bait" item, which is a holographic bomb that can mimic the appearance of ANY item, and explodes on pickup.

we already have this. its called the chameleon bomb
(08-01-2023, 03:40 AM)Glamurio Wrote: Give them a "bait" item, which is a holographic bomb that can mimic the appearance of ANY item, and explodes on pickup.

Even better give them fish armor
Here's an idea:
A candy called Fisherman's Friend.

those who know... they know.
(08-01-2023, 07:58 AM)Thebutler Wrote:

Call it Scale Mail and it allows traversal through mail chutes
(08-02-2023, 08:37 AM)ZodiaDecius Wrote:
(08-01-2023, 07:58 AM)Thebutler Wrote:

Call it Scale Mail and it allows traversal through mail chutes
We already have an item like that it's an exclusive traitor item for mailmen they also get it by default when they spawn