Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
3 Mid Round Antagonist ideas
So basicly this suggestion puts in 3 concepts for mid round ONLY antagonists.
You cannot spawn as them at the start, their job is litterly to spawn midround, cause chaos then die or succeed.

And since we like our SCI-FI tropes the 1st one will cause abit of "YAY"

MID ROUND ANTAG 1:
Elimination Unit.

Or in other words.. a terminator.
The syndicate (or a future branch of it) has decided to send back a human looking cyborg programmed to hunt down and kill a certain crew member that will be a problem in the future.
This unit will have "infinite" battery and a "specific module"
You play like a cyborg but look human and a random staffy.

The module has:
- Copy outfit/ID (fooling anyone who exmaines you to be that person)
- Guns (I mean...? Of course it has.)
- Self Destruct (It's a syndicate standard to blow up)
- Hacking tool. (Allows the unit to hack APCs doors and gain access to them.)

And that's that for the concept. A simple terminator reference to give a specific cyborg playstyle.

MID ROUND ANTAG 2:
The Infected one.

This one is simple. Think your typical space virus epidemic. The infected one pretty much has the goal to spread the virus as much as possible.
I am not thinking a zombie virus where the infected become an ally...

More or less someone has a deadly disease and has to spread it as the host of it. Each spread gives it more points to have their body mutate.
The disease is LETHAL but won't kill someone outright unless treated on time.
Every 30 seconds the patient isn't treated... the infected gain a "point" in power or something like that.
The infected when caught can be "cured" or "killed" to get rid of them.
Simple stuff really... Find Patient Zero and get rid of the source.

MID ROUND ANTAG 3:
The Hacker/Scammer

The station is doing well, money is coming in from several sources. People are getting paid...so how would an antagonist destablize this?
Introducing a current day problem. The HACKER/SCAMMER.
An antagonist who spawns in, who's sole goal is to gain large amounts of cash from taking it from the budgets of the station and bank acounts to then use it for their own nefarious needs.
One wrong click, one wrong interaction, one wrong cargo purcase and they start going to work with their special LAPTOP. Gaining access to servers, classified document and your hard worked bank acount. And when they hit their goal... they might do anything to "get rid of their tracks"
BEWARE THE MERCHANTS!

And those are my 3 ideas of some silly antagonist that could only spawn mid-round that can do things fast. Do you agree? Do you hate it? Just tell me what it is. These are just concepts once again.... since I do love making concepts!
We got a problem with antag 1:

We got no griefing rules for antags on classic. So you just spawned in a glorified gunbot that can hack open doors amd disguise themselves.

This would only work if we give it a custom borglawset to only harm their target and protect themselves with lethal force, if necessary.
(07-27-2023, 05:18 AM)Lord_earthfire Wrote: We got a problem with antag 1:

We got no griefing rules for antags on classic. So you just spawned in a glorified gunbot that can hack open doors amd disguise themselves.

This would only work if we give it a custom borglawset to only harm their target and protect themselves with lethal force, if necessary.

TRUE! We could say: "Don't raise supiscion" as one of the laws and "Do not kill innocents unless they block the way to your target"

As an extra we could add a law of another target they have to protect or NEVER KILL as it would have them self destruct.

Otherwise good catch!
I would love if the hacker/scammer could use the money they stole to buy stuff off the black market so that it actually has use
For antag 1

What would happen if the target leaves the station z-level?
(07-27-2023, 07:13 AM)valtsu0 Wrote: For antag 1

You hunt em down. You aren't TRACKING your target, you are SEARCHING IT as a CYBORG disguised as a HUMAN.

So if they do it... unless they are "DEAD" , you have to find them on the other Z-levels.

It's no different then a traitor/spief that is forced to remain to their targets due to their laws.
Also you cannot EMAG them...

@Thebutler
You know me.. I been trying to make credits MORE important in the overall scheme in some way.
This is just more goofy and silly, trying to steal the money so you can buy things on the black market to do your job.
I think all of the ideas are neat and workable for mid rolls.

1: (This idea could also spring off the old replicant code)
For the elimination unit they could also have their sprite degrade as they take damage. An issue may arise from 1 an infinite battery and 2 recovery upgrade/combat. Because the unit is a cyborg even with guns it will still be extremely vulnerable to stuns like flashes and the such. This would also lead to problems if they manage to grab a recovery upgrade as due to having a infinite cell they would be *unstunable* for as fast as they can click. While being robots gunbots dont suffer this issue due to not being *cyborgs*. I think a hyper cell or a moderate artcell could work and would allow for further sabotage with draining apc cells and gives them needed downtime for charging as unlike humans and mobs cyborgs heal instantly. Furthermore, they’d be able to spawn with an omnitool like all cyborgs to hack doors if they didn’t have have AA like a nanotrasen or syndicate frame cyborg. The syndicate omnitool could work in this usage while also providing the elimination unit with a melee weapon to use in close quarters. Additionally what sturdyness/health would the elimination unit have? Some issues with fighting cyborgs can be they either take only a few hits to break or require multitudes with sturdier parts. Overall I think it’s a really cool idea and would be a neat addition to the mid roll roster.

2:
The infected one would be a neat idea and can revive some features of pathology. Features like contacting the CDC could be used to slow or identify patient zero. It could also bring use to the sterile mask and other equipment that slows or stops infections.

3:
The hacker could work similar to a Faustian chaplain with cash instead of souls. They could use the cash to pay for effects like blackouts and stuff (watchdogs esc stuff) or their main goal could lead to something big similar to Faustian chaplain summoning a horseman.

Overall these are rather cool ideas and take my suggestions with a grain of salt if you don’t think they’re fitting to the antags
(07-27-2023, 08:11 AM)Judobum Wrote: I think all of the ideas are neat and workable for mid rolls.

1: (This idea could also spring off the old replicant code)
For the elimination unit they could also have their sprite degrade as they take damage. An issue may arise from 1 an infinite battery and 2 recovery upgrade/combat. Because the unit is a cyborg even with guns it will still be extremely vulnerable to stuns like flashes and the such. This would also lead to problems if they manage to grab a recovery upgrade as due to having a infinite cell they would be *unstunable* for as fast as they can click. While being robots gunbots dont suffer this issue due to not being *cyborgs*. I think a hyper cell or a moderate artcell could work and would allow for further sabotage with draining apc cells and gives them needed downtime for charging as unlike humans and mobs cyborgs heal instantly. Furthermore, they’d be able to spawn with an omnitool like all cyborgs to hack doors if they didn’t have have AA like a nanotrasen or syndicate frame cyborg. The syndicate omnitool could work in this usage while also providing the elimination unit with a melee weapon to use in close quarters. Overall I think it’s a really cool idea and would be a neat addition to the mid roll roster.

2:
The infected one would be a neat idea and can revive some features of pathology. Features like contacting the CDC could be used to slow or identify patient zero. It could also bring use to the sterile mask and other equipment that slows or stops infections.

3:
The hacker could work similar to a Faustian chaplain with cash instead of souls. They could use the cash to pay for effects like blackouts and stuff (watchdogs esc stuff) or their main goal could lead to something big similar to Faustian chaplain summoning a horseman.

Overall these are rather cool ideas and take my suggestions with a grain of salt if you don’t think they’re fitting to the antags

1: Yes good idea. Also the idea is the fact they might wear sunglasses to avoid being flashes (another terminator reference)
If the code is there repurposing is a great idea.

2: That's the idea! The chaos of when pathology was on... is great for mid round antagonism!

3: Good idea too!
(07-27-2023, 08:11 AM)Judobum Wrote: 3:

What if they could also call for reinforcement which when used would give you 3 mind hacked syndicate agents that have no armor but start with an Orion pistol and a syndicate turtle neck also this kind of reminds me of the Contract Kit from TG
1. What Jubobum said. I'd also like to have an option to go 'full power' where your eyes glow bright red through the sunglasses just like the terminator for when you've been discovered and need to complete the mission. This might be better on RP though.

2. I honestly wouldn't want to see this happen as-is. As someone who tried to fight the common cold recently and fail to ever remove it from myself, if that actually did damage then nobody would survive. This was with me isolating and taking a boatload of spacacillin. Virus code would need to be updated first, and I think that ship sailed with pathology.

Buuut if you were instead say, a large mass of insects disguised as a human subtly putting parasites into people? That sounds like fun, and would focus on someone trying to go after 'patient zero' while curing everyone of the parasites.

3. I'd sure love for more ways to use credits. I think this would be a real good antag to spawn under certain conditions, like the budget reaching over 200k credits. After a certain point you could never hope to spend all you make and an antag that fights against that would be interesting.

Maybe as they get more funding, they unlock more ways of stealing funds. Like starting out with small stuff like stealing from vending machine sales or secretly increasing the price of vending machine items tampered with, to outright guzzling funds out of cargo's budget like a power sink
(07-27-2023, 07:44 AM)Kotlol Wrote:
(07-27-2023, 07:13 AM)valtsu0 Wrote: For antag 1

You hunt em down. You aren't TRACKING your target, you are SEARCHING IT as a CYBORG disguised as a HUMAN.

So if they do it... unless they are "DEAD" , you have to find them on the other Z-levels.

It's no different then a traitor/spief that is forced to remain to their targets due to their laws.

You really cannot expect them to go hunt down people in azones. Especially since most zones are impossible for borgs and some zones are only possible for the first group.

VR dungeon is the best example
The unit can wait on the station to kill em. Though this is lame game play.

And zones like VR dungeon yea I get that. But this is one of those snags I cannot plan out.
I guess the best way to use the wording is:
"Removed from the station" and "unable to return"

So I guess being stuck in the VR dungeon could be a win.
To be fair this is probably the hardest thing to think about. Cause now we got the problem of: "Wich Z level is considered "Dead"
(07-28-2023, 03:00 AM)Kotlol Wrote: The unit can wait on the station to kill em. Though this is lame game play.

And zones like VR dungeon yea I get that. But this is one of those snags I cannot plan out.
I guess the best way to use the wording is:
"Removed from the station"  and "unable to return"

So I guess being stuck in the VR dungeon could be a win.
To be fair this is probably the hardest thing to think about. Cause now we got the problem of: "Wich Z level is considered "Dead"

Instead of trying to focus on what would get you a W, we should instead inform the unit and let them decide from there. "Your target has left the Z level and now is on ____. Ensure they do not return." This lets you either chase after them in a heated space battle in the asteroid field, or track them down on in an adventure zone, or even destroy the teleporter so they CANT return!