Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[WHAT IF] Wraith Revenant was a midroll... ?
Exclamation 
Sooooooo... Wraith has this ability to become a revenant, it's really cool has slick animations but it's hardly used now since the costs for the abilites are too high IMO. Also given the way wraith works now, I do not see it being anything more than a relic of the past ( wraith ). 

My idea would be that revenant would be a midroll. You'd spawn as a random name staffie, think like Hunter. You can press a button to enter the revenant form. Once you enter the revenant form you cannot go back. 

This would add a bit of variety to the midrolls and I think it's not SUPER powerful. Maybe Regen is fixed and increases up to a flat cap per kill ? I'm not sure smile

Share thoughts below!
I think it’d be a neat mid round antagonist. It’d be a big push in action in the round due to the threat a revenant is similar to a hunter or wrestler mid roll. I don’t think it’d work on rp just due to the revenant being very lethal but it’d be a fun antag for classic. I think it may need some tweaking on the ability times and health regen and the such but it’s a cool suggestion that could work.
I'm not really a fan, personally. Making it a mid-round antag would subtract from the flavor of wraith by allowing revenants to appear in any round. Also, while revenants have some severe limitations (no hands, can't talk), they also possess extreme destructive potential. Their crushing grip is an instant stun leading to a guaranteed kill if no one drags them away. The rest of their abilities create widespread destruction with little to no effort. This is fine on wraith since it only lasts one minute, costs a bunch of points to cast, and then still costs a bunch of points to use abilities when you are in a revenant. If you just get to be a revenant with no need for points, the crew would crumble very fast unless they all flock to you immediatly.
I'd personally rather see mid-round antags be their own unique thing with fun flavor, rather than reusing parts of other antagonists.
(07-27-2023, 01:19 AM)Bartimeus Wrote: I'm not really a fan, personally. Making it a mid-round antag would subtract from the flavor of wraith by allowing revenants to appear in any round. Also, while revenants have some severe limitations (no hands, can't talk), they also possess extreme destructive potential. Their crushing grip is an instant stun leading to a guaranteed kill if no one drags them away. The rest of their abilities create widespread destruction with little to no effort. This is fine on wraith since it only lasts one minute, costs a bunch of points to cast, and then still costs a bunch of points to use abilities when you are in a revenant. If you just get to be a revenant with no need for points, the crew would crumble very fast unless they all flock to you immediatly.
I'd personally rather see mid-round antags be their own unique thing with fun flavor, rather than reusing parts of other antagonists.

Hate to say it, but your living in the past. Wraiths use of revenants are extremely limited. due to the changes to wraith and its point gen wraiths using the crush ability is near impossible. Revenants hardly ever kill anyone since their abilities are so extremely expensive meaning at most they get 1 kill if they focus someone. Im all for the idea of it being a midroll as it would hopefully be more balanced around its point gen then wraith is with it. the revenant despite looking like its umm whichever ability uplifts floor tiles, despite looking like it does structural damage, it really only makes tiles lose their tops and breaks lights. Like Im honestly asking, when is the last time youve ever seen a wraith use revenant and use crush, its impossible they dont. The point spending for revenant seems to never have been readjusted to the current wraiths point gen. in the past wraith point gen was exponential, with each absorbed soul doubling the point gen. now it just adds 2 point gen for every absorb, which for all of wraiths other abilities is fine, but revenant didnt get this adaptation to point gen, and I personally dont really think it should, since harbinger is already the strongest wraith subtype with the abilities it has outside of revenant. so it would be nice if there was a change to make it so while harbinger can keep revenant it should be made into a midroll to give revenant its spotlight. 

Onto the point of it subtracting from wraith. I dont believe it does, revenant is so under used by harbinger wraiths anyway since its high cost to become one and then to use its abilities leaves it only using it because its a option, not being its good. I would say a effective harbinger usually just leaves revenant because the point cost to damage/kills just isnt worth it. so I would rather see revenant reach its full potential as a midroll then stay in the dark being under used and worthless in the state it is now.

Plus. I really like the idea of a staffie spawning in whos like cursed to be a revenant then having the ability like 4 minutes after turning to return to human form and acting like they werent a possessed puppet for the past 5 minutes.

+ If this forum post actually gets any traction I will add my own ideas onto how I think this should be balanced and work. but I dont want to now since this post was more about why I think it should go through to be approved and why it doesn't take away from current wraith

TLDR: Revenant for wraith now is bad, Midroll will allow it to shine and hopefully become its very own cool midroll antag. Some stuff about how wraith works now and to do with point gen balance etc as to why revenant sucks for wraith. I really like the idea of a staffie becoming a revenant after having a conversation with someone else and then killing them etc.
Most of the points you raise can be removed by just lowering revenant abilities point cost.

I prrsonall would not like to see revenant degenerate into a midround join, for all the points Bartmeus raised.
This also feels more SUGGESTION then GENERAL.
Anyway against.. abit too random but now I got 3 ideas for "Mid round" antags
I think having revenant be a midroll would be a nice way to get it in play more often. As stated already revenant is rarely seen nowadays due to issue of points alongside the fact wraith is already pretty rare. I also always found single antag midrolls like WW or wrestler to add more to the round than groups of gunbots or fire eles. That being said if this were to happen I think it may be best for it to be lock to classic.