Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
station wide sec wipe alert
when the last member of security dies there should be a centcomm announcement telling the crew that there is no more sec force and they should probably do something about the antagonists
Agreed
yeah this is actually a good idea, maybe there will be less apathy and more counter to antags if crew is awere of it
implementation idea i have thought of is tying it to the security mindshield implants, e.g. when there are no more sec mindshields implanted on station it sends the alert
this would prevent mindhack/thrall rampages from bypassing the system (not sure if this is inherently a good thing)
this would also mean that the alert might go off but with all of sec alive and cloned but the alert can probably be worded in a way to make this a non issue
Ngl would be good for RP so non sec would hesitate less on striking antag. It's hard to know on the crew side if you "could fight back/hunt" and if it's not against "staying in your lane"
What's stopping you from buckle cuffing a naked secoff or perma KOing them with sleep gas or chems

I guess they can just suicide though
In my opinion this is a good idea. As someone who was once killed on RP as the "Only security member left" (Wich was a sudden kill.)
Most RPers who were attacked to the antag were asking: "Where's sec?"

No one knew I was dead till they confirmed the antag was wearing my stuff (And since i was a detective...)

Giving the station to hear: "All of security is dead, you may now kill in self defense" is fine to hear (and is fun chaos)
(07-26-2023, 04:51 AM)Cal Wrote: What's stopping you from buckle cuffing a naked secoff or perma KOing them with sleep gas or chems

I guess they can just suicide though

Very important question with 1-2 person security where its real possible. Should we reward the antag for being able to stealthly take out security while keeping sec a potential threat if found, or should we alert the crew that there's no sec to save them? I'm used to real big sec crews so I can't say which would be the better option.

Side note, I don't think the alert should be raised easily. Someone or something was able to kill/incapacitate all of sec, even if they're all revived that very serious threat is still there and probably not going away anytime soon.
I FORGOT TO TOTALLY ASK NOW THAT I THINK ABOUT!

The session where I was the "last security" vs antags... I was a detective.. BUT...
Detectives can be ANTAGONISTS!

Does this means Security alert goes off when there is also only a detective left?
If not.. this is legitmately a buff for Detective Antags wich to me are the most BROKEN antagonists in the game.
Kill all security... then pretend they are still "alive" since you are the antagonist and last security too.

But if true... then that alert will go off constantly when it's just a detective too. Wich is stressful too.
(07-26-2023, 10:38 AM)Kotlol Wrote: I FORGOT TO TOTALLY ASK NOW THAT I THINK ABOUT!

The session where I was the "last security" vs antags... I was a detective.. BUT...
Detectives can be ANTAGONISTS!

Does this means Security alert goes off when there is also only a detective left?
If not.. this is legitmately a buff for Detective Antags wich to me are the most BROKEN antagonists in the game.
Kill all security... then pretend they are still "alive" since you are the antagonist and last security too.

But if true... then that alert will go off constantly when it's just a detective too. Wich is stressful too.

oh FUCK. That's the big thing here, yeah.

Maybe instead of an instant-alert to all crew, it's a blaring alarm to the command comms, and command can go from there. They can raise the red alert, open the armory to the crew, or try and slide everything under the rug because Its All Okay smile while they try and hunt down the antag in the background
Love this, I would rather have this be a thing and be able to cuff a secoff and sleep them (effort) then it to not be a mechanic at all
Great idea. And if someone goes through the effort of sleep gassing all of Sec to circumvent it, all the more power to them. We can tackle that once it becomes the meta somehow (though I highly doubt it).
https://github.com/goonstation/goonstation/pull/15157
tried my hand at making this
Additional thing to add:
"Cryo'd security members" As they still "Exist" in game...