Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New trait Idea: Origami Nerd
This would be a -3 trait that is pretty gimmicky. It would basically give you more options for the folding paper prompt. 

New origami concepts:
Letter: Place as many as three tiny items into it, they are stored inside until opened. Maybe add a small chance that the letter is torn apart when you try to open it. 
Gun: A paper gun that shoots a paper bullet. The bullets do nothing, and the gun falls apart after a few uses.
Friend: A paper cube with a smilely face on it.
Paper Box: Made by crafting two papers into box parts, then combining the parts. Holds 4 tiny items. Opens extremely easily.
Butterfly: Does nothing on its own. When put in a letter or paper box, opening the container will send the butterflies within the container to fly out a short distance. 
Bee: Does nothing. Has a small chance to buzz when interacted with.

Additional Ideas
Paper cuts: When folding paper, there is a small chance that you get a paper cut. It does 1 damage and makes you scream repeatedly for a few seconds.

Attached Files Image(s)

I see no problem with this. Pretty funny trait.
This feels pretty cute, though I'd leave the more mundane things out of the trait. Things like the letter and friend box, and give the trait the more fun things like the butterflies and Gun so people are aware that theres plenty of new things with paper.

I also really like the idea of letters, give the mailman some actual mail to send out. Multiple items means that botany could send out samples asking people to buy, bribes could be done, and potentially mousetraps stuffed in for that added level of aggression
(07-26-2023, 11:01 AM)Dhaidburt Wrote: This feels pretty cute, though I'd leave the more mundane things out of the trait. Things like the letter and friend box, and give the trait the more fun things like the butterflies and Gun so people are aware that theres plenty of new things with paper.

I also really like the idea of letters, give the mailman some actual mail to send out. Multiple items means that botany could send out samples asking people to buy, bribes could be done, and potentially mousetraps stuffed in for that added level of aggression

Thanks for the feedback! I was planning for concepts to be removed. I wanted to make quite a few to ensure I had something balanced and fun after removal and replacement. I'm glad the idea in general was good!