Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PDA double feature (security/DM alerts)
You ever tried to contact someone through PDA on classic? That's right you haven't cause no one picks up they dam phone. I think receiving a PDA private message should be much more noticable. Could be megaphone size text in the chatlog, an overhead message, a popup widget in the corner of the screen etc.

You ever headed to a sec alert on RP and realise there's already 3 officers and the captain watching another officer RPing with the antag? Or a full security team responding to a small issue? I think there should be a hud button next to the sec alert button that appears when a sec alert is sent. Clicking would add to a number on the button showing how many officers are responding, then it would fade out after maybe a minute. You can send "Responding!" to the sec radio, but I think most people either don't do this or aren't caring to look at the chatlog as they run/fight. Clicking the responding button should make a recognisable noise for this reason, I think.
I think we could add a little icon or a different text fond/size to PDA-messages. What could be problematic may be them being spammed, but i am not sure how much of a problem that really is.
I'm definitely in favor of PDA messages being a bit more distinguishable because they kinda get lost in the logs if you're around a lot of things going on
Making text size bigger could lead to easy packet spam annoyance, perhaps just give it a unique sound that distinguishes itself from standard payroll updates and etc
Would be nice if the PDA to have a more dedicated PDA HUD icon, with toggles for the things like the light, alerts, or programs but also a message count notification & such
Different ringtones for different types of messages would help a lot too. It doesn't help when your wage payment has the same ringtone as a cry for help.
Let's not forget the PDA glitch is when you respond to someone.. every alert the PDA pops up and thus.. I don't close it and put away to never look at it unless I need to do something.