Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Traitor item idea: Component locking device
I've always felt that traitoring via mechcomp is a difficult feat - Especially with complicated machines.
After all, it takes a single person with a multitool to disable your entire contraption... and they can do this- REMOTELY!

If you're building a trap, a cloaking field is a comfy and valid option for your tomfoolery -
but what if you're not trying to be sneaky? Perhaps you wanna do something loud and spectacular.
As an example: What if you want to make a funny tower defense game using gun components? 
Too bad, because anyone can simply disconnect your "turrets" from afar.

That's where the "C.L.D." comes into play! Using it on a wrenched component would make its connections uneditable. (maybe it could also make the process of unwrenching components more difficult and/or time-consuming...?)

I have two possible methods of obtaining this thing:

1) Via an EMAGGED mechcomp vend
OR
2) Via an engineering uplink ~ costing 1-2 TC

I believe this would be a healthy addition to the game- promoting more creative ways of traitoring.

Anyway- Thanks for reading this! Bye <3
I think it would be fine to make it so normal teleporters take a second to charge up + throw particles in the direction of the teleport occasionally

then there can be a traitor item (or the mechcomp emag) that makes these things harder to dismantle and faster/stronger. maybe some kind of 'overclocker' tool? shrug
I mean you can always just exclude teleport components, if they are a concern.

I really like the idea of a locking device for mechcomp. Currently, complicated mechcomp really needs to be hidden to be not dismantled instantly.
If there was another method of getting the mechcomp supplies, I'd say emag but otherwise having the tool after gathering up everything you'd want in a toolbox or two would probably have a higher success rate in high density engineering rounds.

Side note, what if it cost double or triple the suggested amount (2-6 tc) but let you have access to a few pieces of mechcomp on the go? Don't need to worry about a nosy neighbor asking the team why a gun part went missing from the machine.
Either a new traitor item or "Syndicate Multitool Lock"

Everyone says "EMAG" but.. the EMAG is only getting more functional and powerful, at this polint we should just add new interactions to new devices.

I also like the idea of a "syndicate mech comp" you can spawn in the round as an engineer traitor so you can Mech Comp from your own lil based and not be found out by your fellow workers.

So I recommend: (TL/DR)
- Syndicate Mech Comp. (TC 4-5? Allows one to make a mech comp full of mech compy goodies and a few extra for the traitours Engineer)
- Using the snydicate tool's multitool to "lock out" any multi tool user, wich enforces a hacking mini game of some sort?
What about a special multi-tool that once used on a mechanic component, makes it so only that multi tool can disconnect it?
Not gonna lie- I'm a huge fan of this idea. This would be the perfect traitor-engineer counterpart to the portable chemicompiler.
(07-13-2023, 10:28 AM)Cal Wrote: I think it would be fine to make it so normal teleporters take a second to charge up + throw particles in the direction of the teleport occasionally

then there can be a traitor item (or the mechcomp emag) that makes these things harder to dismantle and faster/stronger. maybe some kind of 'overclocker' tool? shrug

I love this idea