Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Maintaining cyborgs for robotics
Just a random idea that I thought I might wanna share just in case it is interesting for someone.

What if cyborgs could have maintenance performed on them for small boosts for a fair amount of time? Obviously cyborgs should still be able to function without a working roboticist on the station, but I think it would be quite nice if roboticists could do additional things to help maintain a cyborg. For example of something that's already in game, applying oil to cyborgs make them move a little faster for a short amount of time. Unfortunately this isn't used as much, likely because the movement speed granted by this is a little weak and doesn't last too long.

Ultimately, I think that having some more ways to maintain cyborgs could provide a new way to keep roboticists busy and allow them to have more interaction with cyborgs.
thats kinda what oil is yeah. i dont think it'd be super bad to have this actually.
This sounds a bit too similar to oil and id prefer oil to be tweaked to be a longer lasting status effect thing
(07-12-2023, 09:00 AM)Ikea Wrote: This sounds a bit too similar to oil and id prefer oil to be tweaked to be a longer lasting status effect thing

To reiterate the suggestion, I think oil in its current state should have an increase to its maximum duration and possibly have an increase to its movement speed bonus so as to make it something that cyborgs may actually ask for as currently, I hardly, if ever, see cyborgs asking for oil unless they're doing a gimmick.

Furthermore, I'd like to see more things like oil be added so that roboticists could have something more to do on slower rounds, that thing being specifically maintaining the cyborgs on station. For example, maybe roboticists can perform some form of action that reduces a cyborgs energy consumption by a percentage. Ultimately the suggestion is to at the very least explore the design space of oil and to add more things like it.