Follows the Trail HoS Application
Usual character name:
 Bad Tim, Teef and Bones and for the purposes of this application: Follows the Trail
BYOND username:
 ZodiaDecius 
Discord username (if you are on our discord):
 skeletonoffun#0
Recommended by (if applicable): 
Discord - during discussion of HoS
Goon servers you play:
3, very rarely 1

Reason for application: 
I am comfortable in my ability to carry out the duties expected of a HoS, I normally play CE so I am used to command roles. I have been playing a lot more security and learning from a lot of the better security players.

Security experience (300 word minimum): Quite a few shifts, having a hard time putting a number on it, but enough to know the ropes, what situations could call for leniency and what situations call for escalation.

Answer two or more of the following:
  • What advice would you give to other sec players?
    Keep your cool, we aren't bullies, call for backup, only bully bullies. 
  • What was one of your favorite security moments? (Either playing as a sec officer or interacting with one)
    ANY of my Arcfiend rounds. I absolutely love interacting with the security on Goon3. Playing Security, I have been apart of many tense situations.
  • What game improvements or changes do you think would benefit security players?
    I currently think Security is in a good place and can't reccomend any clear answer as to what would make it better, and this application isn't for baseless conjecture and speculation.
  • Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer. 
  • ON TEAM - I typically will do my best to back up my team members, will go on patrol and call for backup as situations develop.
  •  SOLO SEC - I will stay close to security, respond to crew requests but mostly, keep medway and escape safe as possible.
  •  
Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):
  • Write a poem to convey your thoughts on security/NanoTrasen/space/bees/anything related to SS13.
    Tiders, Crimers, and Nare-do-wells beware for IAm on the case now
Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will):

I had a ban from the automated system about a month ago that was resolved very quickly by Jan.

And of course *after* I post it I see the 300 word min for security experience.

My security experience comes from learning from a lot of really great players on Goon 3, Mav and Paladin to name a couple. They have given me tons of great advice both playing with and playing against them, as well as everyone else on Goon3

I have been learning where some of the unspoken grey areas [antag leniency, execution protocols, etc] are and how to balance between being fair, playing Security aggressive, or even the occasional traitor detective.

I have learned how to conduct a forensic investigation and try to catch culprits and most importantly, I have learned to not loose my cool, even if I am about to be torn apart by revs or eaten by a Ling.

I am fully confident in my abilities to perform these duties
But I am also open for any advice/criticism as I would like to continue learning how to be a better player in general, let alone HoS
We appreciate your time and effort in applying. However, we are not comfortable with making you a HoS at this time. You're welcome to reapply in 60 days, which would be 23rd January 2024. In the meantime, I'd encourage you to keep sec officering!