Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Wraith and It's Current Counters/Balance
This thread is meant to discuss the current balance of wraith and it's counters. Since the rework about a year ago, the wraith has been significantly more interesting to play as, however for the crew, it is still rather difficult to deal with. While the spirit candles allow for the crew to have a more proactive approach to dealing with the wraith, people still find it rather difficult to deal with the wraith. This thread is meant to help discuss possible ways to help deal with wraith, whether it be buffing the existing counters, weakening the wraith itself, or even adding more ways to counter the wraith and it's abilities.
I personally dont see the counters as weak. what always gets me is how easy a wraith is to kill. Like ive killed wraiths pre 10 minutes many times but then I feel bad because its such a rare antag. like its counters are damn strong. Spirit candle is only weak because 9/10 people dont even know it exists. The amount of times ive seen people complain about a wraith and then never even think about using a spirit candle. My personal thoughts are that wraith is fine as it is, and the only reason its strong is because people actually dont know the spirit candle exists.
I don't think the counters are strong, but just.. uniatiuative...

Either you counter the wraith.. or the wraith goes ham. There is no real in between.

One wraith trick is spotted? the salt goes down and pro's make candles valid hunting it...
And since early on wraith's are without tricks and are basicly cardboard.. they are shut down.
Unlike changelings, vampires and such wich YOU CAN SHUT DOWN TOO, but they are still PHYSICAL players so they can still use other tools wich wraiths can't.

A lot of fun wraith tricks have been nerfed or removed so balance wise a wraith is fine.

It's just.. "boring" to deal with the wraith.

If anything chaplains should have more ways of dealing with the wraith and the spirit candle needs to have some sort of "risk reward" system.
Aka if you light spirit candles.. the wraith will gain a lot of points passively??

Or more interactions. That's what's missing.
(07-01-2023, 11:24 AM)Kotlol Wrote: I don't think the counters are strong, but just.. uniatiuative...

Either you counter the wraith.. or the wraith goes ham. There is no real in between.

One wraith trick is spotted? the salt goes down and pro's make candles valid hunting it...
And since early on wraith's are without tricks and are basicly cardboard.. they are shut down.
Unlike changelings, vampires and such wich YOU CAN SHUT DOWN TOO, but they are still PHYSICAL players so they can still use other tools wich wraiths can't.

A lot of fun wraith tricks have been nerfed or removed so balance wise a wraith is fine.

It's just.. "boring" to deal with the wraith.

If anything chaplains should have more ways of dealing with the wraith and the spirit candle needs to have some sort of "risk reward" system.
Aka if you light spirit candles.. the wraith will gain a lot of points passively??

Or more interactions. That's what's missing.
What if there was a contractor path and it could handout mystical abilities but at a price kind of like the Faustian Bargain Kit (the inspiration for this idea came from chainsaw man and how contracts worked there)
(07-01-2023, 01:31 PM)Thebutler Wrote: What if there was a contractor path and it could handout mystical abilities but at a price kind of like the Faustian Bargain Kit (the inspiration for this idea came from chainsaw man and how contracts worked there)

This kinda stuff I always wanted to see from the wraith or a rework of the Faustian.
It would be cooler if faustians had a "wraith" buddy that they have to feed by giviing souls up. Either by ritual, signing contracts and such.
Personally I would like if the chaplain could sanctify One room. No take backs. That room the wraith could not enter or use powers in. I feel this one change would change wraoths to be much more interesting because you could form a safe zone
(07-01-2023, 04:10 PM)Silent Majority Wrote: Personally I would like if the chaplain could sanctify One room. No take backs. That room the wraith could not enter or use powers in. I feel this one change would change wraiths to be much more interesting because you could form a safe zone

Is this like a one time thing or is there a long cool down
(07-01-2023, 04:29 PM)Thebutler Wrote:
(07-01-2023, 04:10 PM)Silent Majority Wrote: Personally I would like if the chaplain could sanctify One room. No take backs. That room the wraith could not enter or use powers in. I feel this one change would change wraiths to be much more interesting because you could form a safe zone

1 time thing I bet. The chaplain can bless a maybe 5x5 area or 8x8 area where the wraith has no power.
Similiar to how the chapel burns vampires and takes away wizard's powers.
(07-01-2023, 04:29 PM)Thebutler Wrote:

a 1 time thing, no take backsies, no redo