Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Oshan Cargo to be more in line with Nadir?
Oshan is underwater (you may have noticed this at some point). Sense wise, I'm not really certain on the lore of how firing crates into water with mass drivers works. You'd think it would slow down to a complete stop after about 4 metres, honestly. There's no way it even gets off the map screen, let alone into orbit.

Nadir solves this (and the problem of acid eating the crates) by having transponder arrays to teleport things up to an orbital routing station. And this makes sense to me. Teleportation makes more sense then a crate wading through 300 metres of water at a constant speed.

So why not install the transponders on Oshan? And crash too. Have it be a thing that terrestrial maps use.

Do let me know what you guys think.

if reception is positive i'll pr oshan getting their cargo revamped myself.
My PERSONAL NOT ADMIN DECISION opinion is that I really really really do not like Nadir's cargo. I'd rather not have it added to Oshan.
Nadir needs it as Acid destroys crates.. thus a clog ends QMs stuff.

Oshan doesnt need it.
Let alone mass drivering is faster then porting.
Oshan doesn't need it in my opinion, not unless Nadir's cargo system is updated to be more fun.

Oshan cargo DOES need a refresh still imo, it's something I'm looking into.
(06-24-2023, 06:49 AM)Cal Wrote: My PERSONAL NOT ADMIN DECISION opinion is that I really really really do not like Nadir's cargo. I'd rather not have it added to Oshan.

I second this opinion. Nadirs cargo system is just very inconvenient to work with. This is fitting for nadir, being litterally in an acid ocean. But i would really, really, really not like to see it in oshan.
opinion seems pretty unanimous then. I'll revisit this if nadir's cargo ever gets made "more fun" but for now consider the idea shot down