Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A bounty for Supplies.
Supply consoles are neat, you can see who orders what and get it for your customer.. but sometimes...
You wish you could get a few extra bucks out of it no??

Well why not add to the request a "Bounty" of credits?
You know add request, then it asks you: "Do you wish to set a bounty??"
You add x amount of credits and when the request has been fufilled by someone of the right department they get a fat stack of credits.

It just seems more business oriented and makes credits abit more useful.
Love the idea. Good way to give mailmen, staff assistants, and botanists something to do and a way for science to get the funny stuff and get people more interested in chemistry. Cargo could also have ALOT of fun with spending the budget this way.

I can imagine this all being handled from the PDA's end too, enter your pin and put up the bounty directly from your account and print out a slip of paper for the one who completes the bounty and they just put it into the ATM.

There's some player interaction issues that can crop up (sec getting called cause the chef won't pass over 10 credits for roach meat when they wanted mouse meat) but overall I think this'd be more positive than negative.
Exactly. It does 5 things I want to see more during shifts.

1: More player interaction due to having player to player transactions.
2: More use of credits. Let's be real... only clowns truely want them for pranks, but 90% of personal funds just is used for vending machines at best.
3: More ways for other departments to work for personal gain. Imagine requesting mining for a material and put a bounty of 1k on it for like 20 bohrum.
4: More ways for Antagonists to obtain items "without stealing and harrasing being the only thing." Imagine being a traitor who has a large plan, but you need specific chemicals and materials.. just spend money to get it.. you will leave a paper trial... unless... you steal IDs to hide your transactions.
5: More reason to obtain credits. Since you can use them for bounties for your own stuff.. such as your chef/mouse meat example.

It is just one idea I had in mind to increase value of credits by giving reasons to spent it.
I still think we need more reasons to obtain credits and spent it in game, but this is one way to incentivice it.

After all, what's more appealing for supply. "Chaplain wants 'new furniture' " and then you as QM go: "NAH"
But now chaplain goes like: "Bounty for new furniture, 1k" And you go as QM go: "You know what? It's station budget and I get 1k in my own pocket! DEAL!"
And thus the world turns around.
Yeah, I think it would be really cool to find ways to make credits actually matter to do things; not just be an optional thing. Some way to seriously incentivize bussiness amongst the crew and make monetary advantage felt. This is a good place to start.