Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Botany request console
like the chem request console (epic change that is sadly hardly used), but for botany. would mainly be for the kitchen but could also have it public so anyone could use it. I know that a good chunk of maps make communication between botany and the kitchen very easy, but it could still help with organizing the specific details of the entire order from the kitchen. 

would love to hear everyone's thoughts on this idea that my tired brain has thought up ^_^
Would be a handy thing to have I feel. Doesn't even have to be exclusive for chefs, people could place mass orders of the funny green and stuff. Don't see any reason why we don't already have it tbh.
Agreed.. though I thought off a system improvement for "requests", posting it seperately. 10/10 ideas
hehe im coding it now
[Image: image.png]
(06-24-2023, 01:51 AM)Tyrant Wrote: Would be a handy thing to have I feel. Doesn't even have to be exclusive for chefs, people could place mass orders of the funny green and stuff. Don't see any reason why we don't already have it tbh.

Agreed also if this does get implemented we should have one at medbay so that obtaining life weed is easier
This would definitely make filling orders easier
what about a botany requests PDA app?
personally, I don't like pda apps. I find the UI annoying to get around and really slow.
If you want to pda message botany with this, just message the mailgroup (i think that's a thing)
gave up on coding it because tgui is hard. Someone else can adopt the pr if they want
Just umm, gonna bump this up.
I was thinking about it the other day and was thinking how annoying it is recently having to sort all of the produce I get from botany by hand using satchel bags etc. Would be much nicer if we had this be a system exactly like the dispensary interlink for med bay. but for botany, obviously. (side note, make it so if this was a thing I could shove ingredients into it from the chefs side as well so it doubles as convenient storage for ingredients since I hate leaving piles of ingredients all over the floor)
(10-27-2023, 06:37 AM)Frolicsome Flufficorn Wrote: Just umm, gonna bump this up.
I was thinking about it the other day and was thinking how annoying it is recently having to sort all of the produce I get from botany by hand using satchel bags etc. Would be much nicer if we had this be a system exactly like the dispensary interlink for med bay. but for botany, obviously. (side note, make it so if this was a thing I could shove ingredients into it from the chefs side as well so it doubles as convenient storage for ingredients since I hate leaving piles of ingredients all over the floor)

I like the idea of using this format as well, no point in reinventing the wheel. I guess the only issue is where the interlink would go in the kitchen itself, as some of the kitchens are pretty compact in size.
(10-27-2023, 06:37 AM)Frolicsome Flufficorn Wrote: Just umm, gonna bump this up.

Oh my god that would be GLORIOUS! No more needing to shift through a pile of vegetables botany tossed your way when you asked for potatoes, just choose from a list. 

I think the hardest part about making something like this would be organizing things alphabetically, with wildly different qualities of produce being sent it's hard to compact things like the dispensary interlink, though hard to say without an example if it'd be necessary to be legible with 30 entries