Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cog1 Kitchen Dispenser
I was informed that cog1 lacks a kitchen dispenser, so i decided to move the hot dog cart elsewhere and plonk one in.
https://github.com/goonstation/goonstation/pull/14665 is the link to the pull request, and I'm attaching the map diff bot render as well.

Does anyone have any strong objections about the placement or inclusion? I don't play chef much so I'm not sure on whether it's good or bad. Someone said it might be controversial so i decided to make a forum post.

[Image: image.png?width=1440&height=565]
I agree it should be added, love making donuts and no dispenser for chocolate is sad. I think you've got a good spot there, for both the hotdog cart and the dispenser, but I think replacing one of the disposal chutes may be a nicer spot. The hotdog cart is movable, the dispenser is not and therefore the room gets just that bit more cramped (despite being spacious already lol)
i think cog 2 doesn't have one either.
While the kitchen dispenser is very convenient to the chef, it really reduces their incentive to interact with botany to procure produce. Instead of a dispenser i'd personally like to see better ways for the kitchen to communicate with and order from botany.
(06-23-2023, 11:05 AM)Bartimeus Wrote: While the kitchen dispenser is very convenient to the chef, it really reduces their incentive to interact with botany to procure produce. Instead of a dispenser i'd personally like to see better ways for the kitchen to communicate with and order from botany.

On some maps the two are neighbours, making interaction as easy as pie. Or they share a common back area. (Oshan, Donut 3)

My problem is that botanists tend to want to mass produce one thing, rather then to grow things the kitchen needs.

I've said it before and I will say it again.
Options over handicappinng.
"Removing fuctionality just brings annoyance"

The chef is one of those jobs I don't see the need for improvement at the moment and if they need it... it needs to be being able to buy stuff for things they wanna cook.
Not to ignore botany... but to simply have a way of making some food.

They can spend money to get stuff they need to cook things, but it's minimal quality and costs them credits. Thus going to Botany will still be a thing and at the same time you can also ask cargo for supplies...without breaking your own bank.

SS13's biggest problem is that a lot of jobs have trouble keeping up supply without a way of replensihing it with own money.
"I got 100k as a head of medicine, but I can't spend it on anything anyway..."