Argent Ward HoS Application
Usual character name: Argent Ward
BYOND username:Freakingdoomguy
Discord username (if you are on our discord): freakingdoomguy
Recommended by (if applicable): N/A
Goon servers you play: 3

Reason for application: I've been playing on goon for a bit more than half a year at this point, Most of that time being spent in security. While Playing sec I went from being completely clueless, to being confident in my abilities as an officer. The inspiration to submit this application came from when a fellow officer asked me if I'd ever thought of trying for the promotion. I'll admit I'm not the most robust officer, but I believe my skills would be of use in dispatch and keeping a round moving forward.

Security experience (300 word minimum): Ever since Security was available as an option, I have been playing it. In the beginning I was a nervous wreck, barely keeping up with the controls. In the time since I have learned the Ins and outs of keeping a round interesting. Whether it be allowing an antag a bit of leniency so they can make things interesting, or simply playing along with various gimmicks. I learned the the importance of communication, That while our job is to keep the station safe, There's no reason we cannot have fun with it. I have talked down arcfiends as a solo officer, Chased down syndicate assassins as a detective, even willingly made myself the butt of more than a few jokes. Despite that I endeavor to keep a cool head and keep things light hearted, I try to be patient and play the good cop when dealing with antags. Sometimes it backfires, but that's what keeps things interesting. I strive to always arrive to a call as fast as possible. While I'm not the best in a fight I am usually right behind my fellow officers trying to support them however they need. I really enjoy the interactions that working security provides, whether it be the bored musings of my fellow officers during quiet moments, to arguing with a changeling that no normal peoples blood doesn't crawl away like that. I am happy to play the Grumpy, slightly drunk old cop with a heart of gold. one of the moments I look back on most fondly, is Training a clown in the ways of the security assistant, Originally I was against the idea, but in the end it was good fun for all involved and it lead me to having a new appreciation for the art of clowning. In short, I have Believe i have grown immeasurably as an officer since starting, and I believe I may be ready for the next step.

Answer two or more of the following:
  • What advice would you give to other sec players?:  Do not be afraid to ask your team for their advice if you have doubts, not sure how to deal with an antag, Discuss it amongst your team. Try to bring in perps peacefully if possible, You never know if it'll work. Finally, Don't be afraid to be the butt of a joke, live a little, slip on that banana peel, play along with Non aggressive antag gimmicks, Revel in the hilarity once in a while.
  • What was one of your favorite security moments?: As I mentioned Before, Training a clown in the ways of security, it was on atlas and there wasn't much going on, so the captain convinced me to train the clown, I was the only officer at the time so I eventually agreed, It ended up being one of my favorite rounds.
  • Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer.: As a solo officer, I find myself exploring more, looking around, interacting with the crew. While with a team I tend to sit at security and chat with my fellow officers and provide information.
Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):

[*]What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run? A gimmick I really want to try sometime is, Security the musical! We dress up in colourful outfits, and SING. When arresting a perp we sing out their crimes, maybe carry intruments around.
[*]
Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): While I have never been banned I have been pinged once for Missing a law update after a kill law was removed, and once for forgetting to set the brig timer (It was discovered that the timer was set, the crimer just never left)
We appreciate the time and effort you put into this application, but have decided to deny it due to a lack of community response. You're welcome to reapply in 60 days, which would be 2023-10-08. In the meantime, I'd encourage you to keep sec officering!