Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Limb regeneration
So I've been seeing lizardmen on the station, more that I used to, and now that we have detachable limbs limbs I thought it might be cool if some, provided they're a lizardman or have the activated mutation, for limb regeneration. It wouldn't be instantaneous, maybe take a few minutes. An alien artifact with healing properties would also be a good place to have limb regeneration. Of course there's also changelings, who should have the ability but at an accelerated rate.
Wait Lizardmen is a mutation also? I just thought you could get it from that one item.
Lizard is only from the burgers.
I agree, a mutation that could regenerate limbs would be very nice.
just as a mutation, have its rarity at the level of... oh telepathy or something like that.
But lizardmen is too easy to get for something like limb regen, it would be good just as a mutation.

Supporting this.
lizardmen could get very slow limb regeneration in return for being way weaker to the cold
The blood of lizardmen could be used with some other research in order to make a chemical that regenerates peoples limbs once.
That way you can't just rely on being a lizard for infinite limbs.
And if the science you need to do is mildly complicated or need some access or something, then you won't see it every time theres a lizard.
changelings should at least get a limb regeneration ability.
crasscrab Wrote:changelings should at least get a limb regeneration ability.
changlings can regenerate limbs

Regenerative Stasis

Speed Regenerate
herpmcderp Wrote:
crasscrab Wrote:changelings should at least get a limb regeneration ability.

Regenerative Stasis

Speed Regenerate

Regenerative Stasis doesn't work for limbs, actually. I dunno if Speed Regenerate does.
GuntherHermann Wrote:
herpmcderp Wrote:
crasscrab Wrote:butts

Regenerative Stasis

Speed Regenerate

Regenerative Stasis doesn't work for limbs, actually. I dunno if Speed Regenerate does.
Speed regenerate does, regenerative stasis is supposed to be stealthy, wouldn't be so stealthy if a corpse suddenly grew back its limbs huh?
idea. Give lizardmen a slow recover of lost limbs. Not instant, but takes a while to grow an arm back.

Now for the fun part.

lizard blood could be combined with stable mutagen + something else to make a solution that regrows arms faster, but the dna will belong to the lizard man. Once you grow the arm back it will hate you if you are not the lizard man. This won't be a magic lizard potion, it's just to regrow limbs even though your limbs will constantly punch you.