Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with Matsci inconsistencies
One thing about the wiki that really irritates me is that it lists material properties in the matsci page in a scale from 1 to 9, but in multiple examples mentions a scale that looks something like ~40-80 or 0-80 or so without ever explaining that one at all. 
My first thought was that it simply multiplies it by ten, with 6 density for example beeing 60, but it seems like that doesn't work, since the wiki then lists something with 6 density equalling 75 density. 
Its annoying me that the different scale is used for reference in the wiki and in calculations, but never gets actually explained in the wiki or in game, like as if its some joke to mock those that seek help without knowing the code that explains all of this.
Another wacky thing is erebite beeing listed to have 8 radiation, yet ingame it has 0.
Can anybody help me understand this or link me to something for reference?
I just wanna alloy koshmarine and erebite without beeing fooled by the wiki.
You are looking at outdated information.

Matsci properties range from 0 - 9. Everthing with ranges of 70 or so is simply outdated.

And erebite should have 8 radiation. Its a radioactive as heck material. If it doesn't, its a bug.

This oage i normally reference when going for materials and it is mostly up-to-date: https://wiki.ss13.co/Dummies%27_Guide_to...al_Science
(06-20-2023, 12:32 AM)Lord_earthfire Wrote: You are looking at outdated information.

Matsci properties range from 0 - 9. Everthing with ranges of 70 or so is simply outdated.

And erebite should have 8 radiation. Its a radioactive as heck material. If it doesn't,  its a bug.

This oage i normally reference when going for materials and it is mostly up-to-date: https://wiki.ss13.co/Dummies%27_Guide_to...al_Science

Thanks for the quick reply! I swear most erebite I freshly mine is non glowing and not radioactive. I will put them in the rockbox and eject to see if that fixes the issue.