Feedback Unknown Admin, Discord
Not sure of the seriousness of being warned in Discord or anything, so this is more a clarification post than anything. 

I am currently on bad wi-fi as I am out of town. A sensitive topic was mentioned in classic chat at about 10:44 P.M. EST. An admin, specifically Adhara, said to move on at 10:50 EST. However, given this poor wifi, my message had already sent but appeared after 15-20s after the admin's message. For all I know this means nothing and it's not a note or anything, but I just wanted to both clear up the matter and get clarification on the "seriousness" of the warning. I'm posting this publicly because there's not really any reason to post it privately, and it may benefit others in the future. Attached below is the warning message for convenient viewing. I was going to attach the Discord message as well, but it has been deleted. 

I have put this in the feedback section because this is the best place for it, but I'm not really complaining either.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

If I may... the issue was one potentially related to the physical safety of a member of our community.

I'm not going to divulge the details, out of a desire to maintain the privacy of said community member... but they were being given repeated advice well outside the bounds of the expertise of any person who, as far as I could know, would reasonably be within that channel.

They indicated the issue was resolved and an admin simply suggested leaving it alone rather than indulging in continual speculation and advice about what should be done and you started making what appeared to be accusations of censorship from us for saying what is essentially "alright, that's enough folks". The discussion, while important in that particular moment, did not elevate itself beyond the level that once it was resolved required further deliberation within the discord channel specific to the ss13 server that channel is dedicated to.

You're completely fine, and the "warning" wasn't about any advice given or not given related to the situation but towards the statements that implied that we're disinterested or attempting to shut down providing assistance or advice. I can assure you that it's not our first time dealing with similar situations and while, once again out of respect I'll not fully detail our response to this or similar situations, we are in no way flippant towards such things or unresponsive towards them either.
(06-19-2023, 08:36 PM)AlyasGrey Wrote: accusations of censorship from us for saying what is essentially "alright, that's enough folks".

Everything else makes sense and thank you for the detailed response, but I am confused by this part. I have made no accusations of censorship to my knowledge. The only thing that I said that could possibly be interpreted as such did not occur in the Discord like you suggest. It is where I said the message was deleted in the previous post on this thread, and that was simply a statement of fact as to why I did not post the message for a more comprehensive post.
(06-19-2023, 08:36 PM)AlyasGrey Wrote: If I may... the issue was one potentially related to the physical safety of a member of our community.

I'm not going to divulge the details, out of a desire to maintain the privacy of said community member...  but they were being given repeated advice well outside the bounds of the expertise of any person who, as far as I could know, would reasonably be within that channel.

They indicated the issue was resolved and an admin simply suggested leaving it along rather than indulging in continual speculation and advice about what should be done and you started making what appeared to be accusations of censorship from us for saying what is essentially "alright, that's enough folks".  The discussion, while important in that particular moment, did not elevate itself beyond the level that once it was resolved required further deliberation within the discord channel specific to the ss13 server that channel is dedicated to.

You're completely fine, and the "warning" wasn't about any advice given or not given related to the situation but towards the statements that implied that we're disinterested or attempting to shut down providing assistance or advice.  I can assure you that it's not our first time dealing with similar situations and while, once again out of respect I'll not fully detail our response to this or similar situations, we are in no way flippant towards such things or unresponsive towards them either.

I'd like to make an additional reply now that I'm well rested. I am genuinely confused by the implication that I wrote not just one but multiple statements suggesting censorship. Upon looking back at the Discord logs, I made a joke after the White Sox were mentioned about the topic being forced (because nobody cares about baseball). This was not intended to suggest censorship and sending a formal warning over it seems overkill.
Hello, I'm the admin who sent you the warning. Our discord moderation tools give us 3 options to deliver feedback privately to a player:
One is to send a warning through the Dyno bot.
One is to have a conversation with them in a private discord channel.
One is to ban them through the Dyno bot.

I sent a warning through the bot as a way of quickly and privately giving feedback on your behavior, as opposed to sending messages in public channels.
I felt that the tone of the warning was downright pleasant, and I didn't word it in a way that would imply that you were "on thin ice", or "formally on warning" or anything. This is literally the least formal official way our staff has to deliver feedback to players.

I also took the step to delete the messages that I warned you about. Those are all of the moderation actions that I took in this case. If you have future clarifications that you would like staff to make about warnings you are given, please use our discords /report functionality to create a private ticket where we can have a conversation.

Thank you for your feedback.
(06-20-2023, 05:18 PM)Adhara In Space Wrote: Hello, I'm the admin who sent you the warning. Our discord moderation tools give us 3 options to deliver feedback privately to a player:
One is to send a warning through the Dyno bot.
One is to have a conversation with them in a private discord channel.
One is to ban them through the Dyno bot.

I sent a warning through the bot as a way of quickly and privately giving feedback on your behavior, as opposed to sending messages in public channels.
I felt that the tone of the warning was downright pleasant, and I didn't word it in a way that would imply that you were "on thin ice", or "formally on warning" or anything. This is literally the least formal official way our staff has to deliver feedback to players.

I also took the step to delete the messages that I warned you about. Those are all of the moderation actions that I took in this case. If you have future clarifications that you would like staff to make about warnings you are given, please use our discords /report functionality to create a private ticket where we can have a conversation.

Thank you for your feedback.

Thank you for the quick and friendly responses. I apologize if I came off as hostile or complaining about this, I was just curious as to the nature of the warning and those questions were answered. Have a nice day/night/whenever the hell you're reading this.