Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Assembly box
Ever thought of doing an antag gimmick with surgically inserting pipe bombs into people and then holding them hostage before you realize that they could just change the frequency on the bomb?

The assembly box could fit one assembly of the same size or smaller as the pipe bomb (so signaler/horn, beaker assembly, chem grenade assembly, signaler/igniter/pipe bomb) but no TTVs

Using a screwdriver on an assembly box would screw it open or closed. While closed, using it in hand will not do anything, preventing the victim from messing with your assembly.

Not quite sure how it would be gotten, but i think it should be very cheap. Maybe made in hand from a few metal plates?
After re-reading it I still do not understand this thing.

What is the "ASSEMBLY" box suppose to look like?
(06-18-2023, 01:21 PM)Kotlol Wrote: After re-reading it I still do not understand this thing.

Yeah I don't get it
Honestly, if you want to prevent someone from changing it in this specific situation, there's better ways than adding in an entirely brand new item. I'm not too familiar with pipebombs either (most i've ever done are harmless beaker bombs) but:

1. Making it so the frequency can be seen, but not changed while the assembly is screwed in. That way it's not fixed with a single button press.
2. Giving a chance to trigger the bomb when trying to interact with it when implanted, doing the exact opposite of what they'd want.
3. Have a backup bomb. Now the person has to deal with double the explosion because they messed with your creation
4. An option to just plate over a bomb, reducing its strength but making it so the screen can't be seen or messed with. Basically the assembly box you're looking for, but far easier.
(06-18-2023, 01:21 PM)Kotlol Wrote: After re-reading it I still do not understand this thing.

A metal box, with a distinct sprite so you know there is probably something nefarious inside (unless some prankster made it)

(06-18-2023, 03:06 PM)Dhaidburt Wrote: Honestly, if you want to prevent someone from changing it in this specific situation, there's better ways than adding in an entirely brand new item. I'm not too familiar with pipebombs either (most i've ever done are harmless beaker bombs) but:

1. Making it so the frequency can be seen, but not changed while the assembly is screwed in. That way it's not fixed with a single button press.
2. Giving a chance to trigger the bomb when trying to interact with it when implanted, doing the exact opposite of what they'd want.
3. Have a backup bomb. Now the person has to deal with double the explosion because they messed with your creation
4. An option to just plate over a bomb, reducing its strength but making it so the screen can't be seen or messed with. Basically the assembly box you're looking for, but far easier.
1 is probably a better idea, but that would allow them to know there is a signaler if you did the surgery while they were unconsious
(06-18-2023, 11:22 AM)valtsu0 Wrote: Ever thought of doing an antag gimmick with surgically inserting pipe bombs into people and then holding them hostage before you realize that they could just change the frequency on the bomb?

You can put the bomb in a box/stealth storage and then put it into people. That prevents them from accessing it, since storages cannot be accessed when they are implanted
(06-19-2023, 06:46 AM)Lord_earthfire Wrote:
(06-18-2023, 11:22 AM)valtsu0 Wrote: Ever thought of doing an antag gimmick with surgically inserting pipe bombs into people and then holding them hostage before you realize that they could just change the frequency on the bomb?

You can put the bomb in a box/stealth storage and then put it into people. That prevents them from accessing it, since storages cannot be accessed when they are implanted

Not even Radio/Horn Assembly fits in a box and you are able to use implanted stealth storages