Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Allow Players to Choose Between Pda and Headset Uplink
As the title says, letting the players chose between the headset and pda uplink would make the headset uplink more useful, as currently it's only used as a way for stowaways to have access to the traitor uplink. Could also help reduce the amount of traitors who lose their uplink roundstart due to pda bombings.
(06-16-2023, 11:46 AM)Wisemonster Wrote: As the title says, letting the players chose between the headset and pda uplink would make the headset uplink more useful, as currently it's only used as a way for stowaways to have access to the traitor uplink. Could also help reduce the amount of traitors who lose their uplink roundstart due to pda bombings.

Why not just make it an item that that costs 1tc and then you would just insert it into any headset and transfer as much TC as you like
(06-16-2023, 12:42 PM)Thebutler Wrote:
(06-16-2023, 11:46 AM)Wisemonster Wrote: As the title says, letting the players chose between the headset and pda uplink would make the headset uplink more useful, as currently it's only used as a way for stowaways to have access to the traitor uplink. Could also help reduce the amount of traitors who lose their uplink roundstart due to pda bombings.

Why not just make it an item that that costs 1tc and then you would just insert it into any headset and transfer as much TC as you like

This is very close to what i suggested in my agent radio thread. While it is not included in the pr, i do think it is worth exploring
(06-17-2023, 01:49 PM)valtsu0 Wrote:
(06-16-2023, 12:42 PM)Thebutler Wrote:

This is very close to what i suggested in my agent radio thread. While it is not (at least currnetly) included in the draft pr, i do think it is worth exploring

Yeah also this way you can hide the headset somewhere in case security took your pda so it could work as a backup
no, don't want security taking headsets away being a standard thing. its ok if stowaway traitors have a small advantage
(06-18-2023, 12:18 PM)Cal Wrote: no, don't want security taking headsets away being a standard thing. its ok if stowaway traitors have a small advantage

I kinda agree with this but an option would be nice.. but at the same time.. JUST LOCK YOUR DANG PDAS! NO ONE WILL NOTICE IT!
(06-18-2023, 01:19 PM)Kotlol Wrote:
(06-18-2023, 12:18 PM)Cal Wrote: no, don't want security taking headsets away being a standard thing. its ok if stowaway traitors have a small advantage

I kinda agree with this but an option would be nice.. but at the same time.. JUST LOCK YOUR DANG PDAS! NO ONE WILL NOTICE IT!

All very good points but what if you could buy a backup syndicate program which would cost 1tc and rather than only giving the option to put it in a headset you could also put it in a PDA and then transfer as much TC as you want of course or just give people the option to buy a syndicate radio uplink (the gray looking one) which would cost 1tc
(06-18-2023, 02:09 PM)Thebutler Wrote:
(06-18-2023, 01:19 PM)Kotlol Wrote:

All very good points but what if you could buy a backup syndicate program which would cost 1tc and rather than only giving the option to put it in a headset you could also put it in a PDA and then transfer as much TC as you want of course or just give people the option to buy a syndicate radio uplink (the gray looking one) which would cost 1tc
I like this idea, its VERY easy to shut down an antag if they get caught doing something before they get their gear, I'd say it would be like soulguard for wiz
Get a fake PDA or stealth storage/floor closet and hide your shit. If sec takes the fake PDA they now have a false sense of security.