Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
EVIL Soulsteel traitor item
Chaplain traitor gets a new purchasable: Devilsteel Wrap.

It acts like soulsteel, but the ghost possessing it is an antag and follows mindhack rules to whoever created it.
You don't have to use the electroplater to put it on something, just click it on an item, ergo the wrap in the name.
It should have much more health than normal soulsteel possessed items (and just a little more speed), because it'd be a bit lame if it died within seconds of meeting a fire extinguisher. It should also be red to distinguish itself from soulsteel.
It should have a decent amount of uses, but costs a decent amount of tc as a result, so if you want any rampage weapon with it, you have to commit.
Overall, I think this would allow for traitor gimmicks regular soulsteel can't provide, due to the "no attacking as ghost" rule. It being chaplain only fits with the theme, and it'd be a nice bonus in surplus crates.
Ngl, Yeah I really like this idea. assuming its costs is less then 4 tc I could finally make my army of guns. My own personal Firing squad. I really like this idea, It fits the theme of the chaplain quite well and would finally make it so if someone rolls traitor chaplain they do something other than Faustian chaplain.

Damn why hasn't this been suggested yet. the amount of times Ive wanted to roll a gimmick involving dead people is insane. Would also be nice that when applied to a item it was more of a Midroll situation where it gave a pop up since having it be purely like soulsteel might make it go un noticed and therefore make it harder for the Traitor to pull off. Then if that was to be the case, when it dies it can then work the same as normal Soulsteel since people will know of its existence.

Yeah overall solid Idea, Love this one!

(they always say soulsteel but never hauntium, Poor hauntium)
I like the idea.. but I am going to give a few caviats.

1: Is it a single use item or multiplue uses?

2: How will the ghost be able to hide itself? Since this is a chaplain only traitor item it will rat them out IMMENSELY. Faustians have this problem too but that's chaos.
Though Spiefs might get access to it too?

3: Soulsteel requires people to fly over it and be sucked in.. does this traitor version require a walk over or click in?

4: When the item has been dehaunted.. is it still hauntable?

And finally...
One of the major problems of the Faustian is that it turned people into antags in the end.. but now they don't unless it's a vampire!
This on the other hand turns "dead" players into antags. While wraiths can convert dead players into antags via que...
How does this one work and "AVOID" people dieing on purpose to become "GUN GHOST"?

I am not saying we can't have this.. I am asking since I like this concept A LOT and see the possible concerns that need answering 1st.
(06-13-2023, 03:47 AM)Kotlol Wrote: I like the idea.. but I am going to give a few caviats.

2: How will the ghost be able to hide itself? Since this is a chaplain only traitor item it will rat them out IMMENSELY. Faustians have this problem too but that's chaos.

3: Soulsteel requires people to fly over it and be sucked in.. does this traitor version require a walk over or click in?

And finally...
One of the major problems of the Faustian is that it turned people into antags in the end.. but now they don't unless it's a vampire!
This on the other hand turns "dead" players into antags. While wraiths can convert dead players into antags via que...
How does this one work and "AVOID" people dieing on purpose to become "GUN GHOST"?

I am not saying we can't have this.. I am asking since I like this concept A LOT and see the possible concerns that need answering 1st.

I would say let the material try to pull from ghosts like poltergeist.

That way, it would work like antag critters. While yeah, you can suicide to try to roll for one, the chances are slim due to sharing a chance with everyone else.

Or make it an item that turn a corpse/brain into the material. It would work like mindhacking/thralling this way, because it consumes TC to get.
i been wanting somthing like this for so long, i really like the "Living weapons" thing and gives ghost players something to do as well
(06-13-2023, 03:47 AM)Kotlol Wrote: I like the idea.. but I am going to give a few caviats.

And finally...

1 and 4. If I had to decide, it'd have 2 uses, but cost 3 tc. To make up for this, if it gets dehaunted, it can be rehaunted in 5 minutes, provided the item isn't permanently destroyed.

2. The ghost should have an ability that lets it temporarily unhaunt and be picked up by the chaplain to be hidden. While its temporarily unhaunted, it doesn't actually leave the item, just stops being able to do anything with it.

3. It should probably be a ghost pop-up.

You can't really solve the final issue, people are always gonna die to get midround/other antags.
1 and 4 is good enough. 2 items turned and a 5 minute cool down is fine. Since if the ghost is "caught" , the item will be destroyed rather then confiscated as another ghost will try to break free from it.

2: Ah "turning" item for a moment is actually a good idea. Don't know how it would work in coding, but I guess similiar to a skeleton skull being loose from it's body?
I think you got osmething here.

3: There we go! A pop up is a great idea and stops people from suiciding next to it to haunt it.

As for the last issue.. don't worry that one is next to impossible to solve! I just wanted to see if you had any smart ideas to prevent that stuff!
Also you didn't say if it was ment for Spief's as well. Though I wouldn't deny it either as Spief's do get access to "Class restricted" traitor items too.

Anyway approved! You dismissed my worries. I support this to the fullest!