Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[MERGED PR] Mobification and rework of the man-eating plant
(06-18-2023, 08:25 AM)Brixx79 Wrote: I think feeding them synthmeat vs meat should have different effects since synth is pretty easy to get. Especially for botanists. Or at least a lower increase than the real deal.

They don't eat synthmeat or fish. It's explicitely blacklisted, sonce both are very easy to get in botany and conceptually simply doesn't compare to the real deal.
(06-16-2023, 11:44 PM)Lord_earthfire Wrote:
  • All genes of the maneater seed are dominant. 
  • Splicing it once introduces the splice disabler (-100% splice chance) gene to the resulting seed.
  • the maneater will require 25% more time to grow.
  • The bonus to stats by feeding corpses get increased to 30 - 40 endurance
  • Blood in the tray now increases potency over time
  • Feeding the maneater slabs if meat is possible even beyond the first stages of the growth process. Each slab of meat add 2 - 4 endurance to the plant
  • The stat changes still happens even if the maneater has left the tray. So a maneater sucessfully eat people or gets fed meat still continues to grow (make sure to use the plant scanner on your maneater mob to check the progress smile ).

Well, that's a necroing, but some stuff changed to the PR

Most of these changes i mentioned here were implemented.

Most notably, feeding humans/meat is buffed and splicing got dunked on... hard

Seeds of the maneater start with the dominant genome gene strain and the temporary spliceability gene strain. This means all attributes of the maneater (species and stats) are dominant now and it can only be spliced once before gaining the splice blocker gene strain. That means it wont gain most stats from splicing, spawns as dominant species and you got only one shot at splicing it.

I decided against blood increasing potency. I felt that would make tray chemistry on the maneater too easy.