Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 2.82 Average
[CLOSED PR] Breath masks can be attached to clown masks
Thumbs Down 
PULL REQUEST DETAILS

[clothing]
About the PR
Lets people shove a breath mask underneath their clown mask in order to breathe while performing funny business.
All it does is add the flag MASKINTERNALS to the clown mask so it can connect to an oxygen tank.

Why's this needed?
Even clowns deserve oxygen.

Changelog

Code:
changelog
(u)monkeymilesmoo
(+)Clicking on a clown mask with a breath mask now shoves the breath mask inside, allowing for clowns to breathe without having to break character.

PULL REQUEST DETAILS
😩
It's not *that* hard to remove your mask if it you want to survive, right? If you are more willing to keep your mask on rather than breathing oxygen, it means you are starting to understand what being a Clown and your legacy is. You're not just a laughing stock, you are the very own symbol of comedy, and to keep your Clown pride is to go through the harshest punishments just so you get to honk at the very end. And if you are not willing to tough it out as a Clown, pick another role. You are not worthy of bike horn.
Another clown mask internals forum post, I'll just rehash what I said 4 months ago on this other thread with some new stuff from the discord discussion today
https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=20700&

Goon1 hallways get depressurized half the time, where 90% of clown gimmicks take place, and thanks to goon1 apathy and funky atmos, nobody enjoys repressurizing them, and because of how plentiful internals are for everyone, nobody needs to care except for shivering every now and then. Except the clown, who is forced away from player interaction, which fundamentally goes against clown's whole point, player interaction. Ultimately whenever this point is brought up there are a few arguments made, "can I just use salbutamol?" yes, you can, and it works wonders, but at that point, considering the fact that salbutamol is littered all across the map, why don't we just cut out the middle man and give him internals. This also could boil down to "why don't we just repressurize" but due to current goon1 culture and apathy (I'm sure it's different on RP, or not, idk) most depressurizations get ignored, even if we did increase pressurization speed more (please do this anyways) it is still going to be an issue of not caring, because most crewmembers just turn on their internals instead, on top of just how easy it is to depressurize hallways by breaking one window. That's an entirely separate issue however that could use it's own discussion thread to address easy depressurizations and rare pressurization repair work. In the end a clown that can breath and say a funny one-liner is a lot more funny than a clown forced to go into maint.

itd just be a net positive for everyone to encourage more player interaction, cause thats def something we need more often in goon but regardless this PR is likely to be denied anyways due to old goon culture
Massive fan of this PR.

Clown has evolved to be more than just a punishment role over the years. Giving the clown the ability to EXIST in stations with little air would allow for more gimmicks and other fun clown antics.
How about we do something else entirely....

This topic is gonna keep being added and devs/admins will keep saying no.

So let's steer it in another direction...
"Oxygen bubble gum"
A clown item where a clown can "eat bubble gum" to walk around in space without breathing... THAT JOKER!
What's that? The bubble gum increases your oxygens levels too high so where there is AIR you will build up blood too fast and explode?
I guess that's comedy for ya.

"Comedy Breathing Mask"
Gets their own breathing mask, but it will honk loudly uncontrollably due to the air being redirected to the nose and sometimes malfunctions.

"Clown Nozzle"
Clown wears a scuba mask and nozzle to breath in space. How it works is by the mysteries of CLOWN SCIENTISTS!
Requires flippers to be fashionable acceptable! (May take twice as much air)

"Clown 02 mask"
It looks like a clown mask with a breathing straw that can be connected to an 02 tank.
Though doing so will muffle any clown speech.

There... have there be clown themed breathing masks but in the spirit of clownery.
Seriously though... the clown is ment to be hard mode to begin with...

That hard mode gives you the free pass to do clownery.
I think Kotlol has the right idea. This has been hashed out many times, and typically the responses from most is that when you’re playing a clown, you can either choose to be a clown and have your mask on, or you can choose to breathe.

The oxygen gum thing sounds like a great idea, especially since salbutamol is so disgustingly easy to mass manufacture or buy anyways.
what if clowns could blow balloons or fill them from an 02 tank and suck air out of them later
the o2 gum idea sounds funny only because i imagine the clown blowing a bubble just for him to pop instead
-1 clowns must suffer. they can always just swap to the oxy mask in their pouch if they NEED the oxygen.
Let clowns get space buffs off of helium and only allow that to be hooked up to their mask.
How many clown mask internals PRs are we on rn? Like 5 or 6? This is becoming a fun lil tradition at this point.
This is just a no brainer. At the end of the day, the clown is gonna pick Breathing over Having a clown mask on. Your not preventing anything from happening here. Nobody really cares if the clown uses internals to live over wearing a clown mask. It would just be preferable that the Clown gets the ability to gain internals with their mask.
At the end of the Day, Saying the clown takes punishment is stupid, since they can quite literally bypass any issues presented by just putting a breath mask on. all this PR adds is the ability for the clowns to keep their dignity. Which 99% of clowns would opt out of doing in favour of living.
Idk It just seems stupid seeing all these people saying "IT needs punishment" where there is no punishment being handed out, The clown lives just the same as everyone else without this PR. Its more about the aesthetic.

I Also really need to fix my brain, I swear in all my replies I just say the same thing twice but rephrased.
NO
YOU CHOOSE TO CLOWN OR YOU CHOOSE TO BREATHE
(06-10-2023, 11:34 PM)Frolicsome Flufficorn Wrote: This is just a no brainer. At the end of the day, the clown is gonna pick Breathing over Having a clown mask on. Your not preventing anything from happening here. Nobody really cares if the clown uses internals to live over wearing a clown mask. It would just be preferable that the Clown gets the ability to gain internals with their mask.
At the end of the Day, Saying the clown takes punishment is stupid, since they can quite literally bypass any issues presented by just putting a breath mask on. all this PR adds is the ability for the clowns to keep their dignity. Which 99% of clowns would opt out of doing in favour of living.
Idk It just seems stupid seeing all these people saying "IT needs punishment" where there is no punishment being handed out, The clown lives just the same as everyone else without this PR. Its more about the aesthetic.

Everyone wears internals and gas masks that have no styling, cept the antags!
Clearly clown is being punished for not being able to wear a clown mask and internals!

Same as monkeys not being able to wear internals and a vocal translator..
Though this one makes a bit more sense considering the culture of monkeys has changed and it's a handicap for monkeys to not have it.

Clown not wearing a mask is.. not punishing?

Anyway.. We can solve this by doing different things all together insted of "Internals on clown mask pls"
As I said earlier suggestions that ISNT 02 on clown mask... 
Like dumb tools as I said or... someone once suggested "Clown Face paint"  for more clown variaty so they can wear masks that isn't clown mask but still look like a clown underneath.

Also I like how people want this for the clown and NOT the mime.. who has the same problem if not even bigger.