Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Conspiracy leaders
Conspiracy has high highs and low lows, it's pretty inconsistent and I think its nature as an RP based team antag will mean that will always be the case to some degree. I find a lot of value in them not having gear and having an open goal, but I think introducing a leader role to conspiracy would help in making a more consistent experience. A defacto "I'm the big leader" person would be able to lead meetings and take suggestions from the group and settle on a bit to go with, then since they're the leader the group is now actually encouraged to go along with the group bit more.

Personally I think it would be neat if conspiracy spawned with one departmental head only guarenteed, being the leader. I can see reasons why people wouldn't want this though like some heads being noticably more strong (HoP).

I think the only argument against conspiracy leaders I can think of myself is a leader might not take suggestions and instead just impose their idea. I think that's a double edged sword, it would mean actual teamwork towards a goal more often but some would prefer the open discussion of leaderless conspiracies.
"This has been suggested before"

No really it has.. and I do agree Conspirators are very messy... though my last conspirator round was briliant despite the chaos...
Mostly since I was using a meat cult for a distraction so the HoP could turn people into frogs eventually...
SO me, the detective and a medical doctor mostly did the cult. (I also had a president who just sponsored me and stuck around!)
Admeme though made every conspirator into a cultist though!

But that said.. we cannot expect admins to make conspirators better. Insted I recommend leaders too but also resources for conspirators to obtain to do their antagging depending on the route they go.
Conspirators are strong stealth antags with some good suggestions but most conspirators DO NOT work together as well as Nukies.
So I recommend they just decide who's a leader, wich items they might be able to obtain and go with that round.

Now conspirators can be: "Conspirators, kidnappers, Cultists and such"
Great idea

From my observations many conspiracies fail to get off the ground because there's nobody suggesting something and having everyone else agree.

This is a good first step, imo.
So I'm 100% onboard for a leader position, though I have a couple of concerns.

1. If the leader role is added, would we allow leaderless conspiracies or would the gametype not be pulled if there's no leader?

2. Should there be tools to let the leader choose a successor if they need to leave? Or since we're all on roleplay terms, let a leader choose someone and others just go with it without any extra systems. I can see this both ways but I'm not sure which one is better.

3. What kinds of things is a conspiracy leader allowed to do to their 'underlings'? You obviously can't beat your coworkers as a head due to laws and the rules, but considering that conspiracies are all antags there's some grey area that should be addressed.

I feel like a conspiracy leader shouldn't be allowed to kill their underlings willy nilly, but should still be able to if it makes sense for the story. You should be allowed to sacrifice a willing cult member, but not be volen-told you're the human sacrifice because the leader feels like it.
(06-10-2023, 10:17 AM)Cal Wrote: Great idea

From my observations many conspiracies fail to get off the ground because there's nobody suggesting something and having everyone else agree.

This is a good first step, imo.

Agreed,most do not suggest or "GO AGAINST THE FLOW"
I do fear having leaders might end up in players "ratting out" their leaders so can do whatever.
This is a step in the right direction, wich is why I suggest "Conspirator types" so they can go with the flow.

The biggest problem of conspirators is the fact they are a "Faction Antag"
Unlike Gangs , Nukies , Salvagers
They have a "common" suggestion, but can basicly do whatever like sleeper agents.

There disorgansation comes from the fact they don't have "unified" tools or things to look foward for.
Gangs get special items during the match, have people to fight and security. Getting better weapons as they preform.
Nukies get amazing gear and a great sense of what their goal is!
Salvagers may work together, but they have more indiviual values. The reason Salvagers work is because they are working to get better gear and their end goals don't matter as much.

What do Conspirators have? Not much.. Salvagers are closest to them, but atleast Salvagers can build towards something. Conspirators pretty much have no incentive..
No way to obtain antagonist like tools and such.
Wich is why I still suggest conspirators can set a "goal" with a leader who gives them "Stuff" to look foward to.

Example: "The assigned meeting ground will have a spot for conspirators to put in things to gain "contraband items"
Gives em reason to meet there then just talk radio all day.