Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mimics need a few small changes
The whole concept of mimic is fine but there's 2 big issues I have with it.

1. Mimics can be ran through and if someone's on harm intent they can push a mimic. So if im a mimic and im trying to blend in wit ha item on the floor and someone runs into me I get pushed ruining my hiding spot. I honestly don't know why mimic isn't already a (special term for acting like a object like a wrestledoodle or small spider etc).

2. It should be able to go under/over tables. Its annoying how despite its small size usually that it cant go over tables like most other small critters.

This post is more so for the first point since its annoying getting pushed around as a critter who's sole purpose is to mimic objects but gets easily pushed around which means you have to move to get back to place which reveals you for a good few seconds. grrr >frown  surprised fat and sassy space-bee
This seems good for the concept for mimics being able to sneak around, you should probably GitHub PR this if you want it to get added though
see to gibhub PR something you have to be a smarty pants and know how to code smile. im dumb and do not know so yeah. Im kinda just throwing ideas until someones like damn I know how to do this and maybe does it. yeah
I think these sound like solid ideas. You don't need to tell someone to make a PR for their ideas posted in this forum, this forum is for idea suggestions...
A few extra points I wanted to make after playing Mimic a bit more. Its movement seems a bit janky: by this I mean it can move through 2 objects if they move diagonally, they dont really have fluid movement and it feel like you just stop moving if you put in to many inputs. (like 3). As well as this Mimics cant throw items so if they are om space and start space walking they are doomed since they have no way of moving. Thats pretty much all. Mimic is kinda jank frown
(06-08-2023, 10:38 AM)Frolicsome Flufficorn Wrote: A few extra points I wanted to make after playing Mimic a bit more. Its movement seems a bit janky: by this I mean it can move through 2 objects if they move diagonally, they dont really have fluid movement and it feel like you just stop moving if you put in to many inputs. (like 3). As well as this Mimics cant throw items so if they are om space and start space walking they are doomed since they have no way of moving. Thats pretty much all. Mimic is kinda jank frown

You can also mimic very stupid things like barrier energy shields