Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Give miscreant a pop up!
Could someone please do me a huge favor and add a window pop up to miscreant just like all of the other antagonist roles? I have missed out on the fact that I was a miscreant multiple times as of now. Thank you in advance if this gets done!
Morphing_Dwarf Wrote:Could someone please do me a huge favor and add a window pop up to miscreant just like all of the other antagonist roles? I have missed out on the fact that I was a miscreant multiple times as of now. Thank you in advance if this gets done!
Miscreant isn't an antag role. You are just a person that can get away with being a dick. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if it was going to be removed and instead just add more traitors.
If they do get rid of miscreant it would be great if a lot of the miscreant objectives just got rolled into traitor.

Make a protection racket now becomes threaten the station with bombs unless they pay you.

Try to make someone else in trouble without doing anything becomes frame them for various crimes.

Become a rapper becomes become a rapper AND develop street cred by committing crimes then rapping about said crimes.
atomic1fire Wrote:If they do get rid of miscreant it would be great if a lot of the miscreant objectives just got rolled into traitor.

Make a protection racket now becomes threaten the station with bombs unless they pay you.

Try to make someone else in trouble without doing anything becomes frame them for various crimes.

Become a rapper becomes become a rapper AND develop street cred by committing crimes then rapping about said crimes.
Yeah have you seen all the ones Cogs recently added? They are pretty much miscreant objectives but for traitors and I like that alot more than miscreants. Sure I have fun making sec think I'm a traitor but I'd rather have them chasing actual traitors.
I think Miscreants would be better off removed They don't serve any purpose at the moment, I rarely see people actually do their miscreant objectives (or any objectives for that matter) and when they do it's generally really lame and obvious.
Yeah mostly I try to find things to do without harming people like blowing up the welding tanks but that is cutting it pretty close to traitor type shit.
KikiMofo Wrote:Yeah have you seen all the ones Cogs recently added? They are pretty much miscreant objectives but for traitors and I like that alot more than miscreants. Sure I have fun making sec think I'm a traitor but I'd rather have them chasing actual traitors.

This is it essentially. People are dicks IC. This is normal and while obviously not encouraged, people can act like dicks if they are a miscreant or not.
This means rounds have traitors, miscreants and people who decide to act like a dick anyway.
Like for example, what's stopping your average person making arrivals look terrible? Security, if they feel like it. People really need to stop whining about getting arrested/punished, the entire "fun" aspect of doing something naughty is that there is consequences.
Why do we need a miscreant objective for people to do this?
The only pro of "miscreant" is that it gives people idea's of how to go about it.

I'd like to see miscreant replaced with something else a little more tangible. There's the new freeform traitor. I'd like to a variation of traitor that's traitor hard mode. No telecrystals, but objectives are a little easier.
I would love miscreants replaced with traitor roles that don't get any items but the same free reign as traitors. That would be awesome. A challenge and alot of fun at the same time.
I don't really mind the way miscreants are now, but for selfish reasons I would be less than thrilled with having a pop-up for miscreants. I'd be thinking "oh boy I'm a traitor!" and end up disappointed to see "Miscreant". I do think it would be neat to have more job-specific miscreant goals, for example a miscreant engineer with the goal to constantly mess with the settings of the other engineers' proburn, or a botanist with the goal to use all the trays to mass produce the most useless plants.
Quote:I'd like to see miscreant replaced with something else a little more tangible. There's the new freeform traitor. I'd like to a variation of traitor that's traitor hard mode. No telecrystals, but objectives are a little easier.

If it's hardmode why make the objectives easier?

True hardmode should be something like:
1. Hijack the emergency shuttle by escaping alone.
2. Do not commit a violent act all round.

No telecrystals. crossarms
Krisk Wrote:
Quote:I'd like to see miscreant replaced with something else a little more tangible. There's the new freeform traitor. I'd like to a variation of traitor that's traitor hard mode. No telecrystals, but objectives are a little easier.

If it's hardmode why make the objectives easier?

True hardmode should be something like:
1. Hijack the emergency shuttle by escaping alone.
2. Do not commit a violent act all round.

No telecrystals. crossarms

I think stealth traitoring would work but that's assuming nothing ever else goes wrong, which is usually not the case.

This could make a good admin gimmick though at the very least.

Really though I think you could use thermite to break into EVA early in the round, then steal captain's spare ID if he doesn't allready have it, drop a teleport beacon into the middle of the escape shuttle landing area, Weld all the escape shuttle enterences and fill those walls with rwalls., call the shuttle, cut the antennas, run for the teleporter, teleport to the escape shuttle using the beacon, then turn the beacon off and wait.

Maybe even light a small plasma fire in escape remotely if that doesn't count as violent.

That's assuming no other traitors are rampaging/captain's ID is in his office/etc
Embolism Wrote:I think Miscreants would be better off removed They don't serve any purpose at the moment, I rarely see people actually do their miscreant objectives (or any objectives for that matter) and when they do it's generally really lame and obvious.
Well I got a noob captain to completely lose her shit and attack me with a riot gun for narrating everything she did (and screaming a lot)