• 6 Vote(s) - 4.17 Average
Chem Idea Thread, Post your ideas here.
Star 
Category: Poisons
  •  Name of new chemical: Necrotoxin
  •  Ingredients: Miasma, Radium, Fluorosulfuric Acid, Neurotoxin
  •  Depletion Rate: 0.4
  •  Penetrate Skin: N
  •  Effect per second: Toxin: 1, 0.01 sieverts,  10% chance the user will spew out miasma clouds mixed with 10u necrotoxin that is removed from the user. Scary text messages.
  •  Immediate effect: Causes the user's skin to turn a sickly shade of green.
  •  Addiction Probability: 0%
  •  Overdose threshold: 20u
  •  Overdose effects: Induces extreme drowsiness, blurred vision, and dizziness.
  •  Notes: Causes user to become ill and spew out miasma clouds mixed with necrotoxin, possibly causing others in the area to become momentarily infected.

Category: Medicinal
  •  Name of new chemical: Detoxifene
  •  Ingredients: Diethylamine, Phenol, Magnesium, Carbon, Nitric Acid
  •  Depletion Rate: 0.4
  •  Penetrate Skin: N
  •  Effect per second: Toxin: -1.5,  If below half organ health, 10% chance of +1 kidney, stomach, intestines, and liver damage along with messages of feeling nauseous.
  •  Immediate effect: Messages of feeling sick.
  •  Addiction Probability: 0%
  •  Overdose threshold: 20u
  •  Overdose effects: Causes vomiting and spews up all the detoxifene along with +1 damage to organs above.
  •  Notes: Heals toxin damage at the same rate as charcoal but without charcoal's chemical purge effect. The tradeoff is organ damage.

Category: Acids
  •  Name of new chemical: Corroglow
  •  Ingredients: Thermite, Fluorosulfuric Acid, Acetone, Lithium, Radium
  •  Effect per second: Brute: 0.5, Burn 1.
  •  Immediate effect: 10u+: always melts headgear if it is not acidproof, otherwise up to 50 BURN and disfigures the victim's face. 15u+ melts walls.
  •  Addiction Probability: 0%
  •  Overdose threshold: N/A
  •  Overdose effects: N/A
  •  Notes: Behaves like a mix between Fluorosulfuric Acid and Thermite. 15u+ melts through walls without needing to heat like thermite, however, the wall turns green and melting take a while to complete. (10 seconds or so)

Category: Drugs
  •  Name of new chemical: HoloX
  •  Ingredients: LSD, Psilocybin, Diphenhydramine, Lithium, Mercury
  •  Effect per second: Hardcore hallucinations (bees, cats, imaginary monsters, fake sounds, colorful lights),+1 Brain if below 50; 10% otherwise.
  •  Immediate effect: N/A
  •  Addiction Probability: 50%
  •  Overdose threshold: 30u
  •  Overdose effects: Involuntary screaming about how monsters are out to get you and a 15% chance of a short stun. Convulsions and jitters.
  •  Notes: Good way to amass a following of staff assistants.
a while back I was thinking about adding some industrial food coloring chems that would be able to heavily tint or even override the overall color of a reagent pool (in a beaker or icing tube, for example) at the cost of doing a small amount of tox damage over time by default. might look into making those real one of these days
the element of surprise that makes you gasp constantly while it's in your system
Particularly Necrotoxin and Corroglow are cool ideas, but I don't see Detoxifene getting much use. It's yet another anti-tox chem, with charcoal already mostly being replaced by Pentetic Acid. Not to mention charcoal has the benfit of being available in large doses from round start and is an easy way to patch up specific organs, so you'd end up injecting them with that anyhow.

I'd rather see Detoxifene to have bigger drawbacks and a stronger effect as a whole, maybe combined with OD effects. That would just make it a more interesting addition, in my opinion.
(06-09-2023, 01:40 AM)Glamurio Wrote: Particularly Necrotoxin and Corroglow are cool ideas, but I don't see Detoxifene getting much use. It's yet another anti-tox chem, with charcoal already mostly being replaced by Pentetic Acid. Not to mention charcoal has the benfit of being available in large doses from round start and is an easy way to patch up specific organs, so you'd end up injecting them with that anyhow.

I'd rather see Detoxifene to have bigger drawbacks and a stronger effect as a whole, maybe combined with OD effects. That would just make it a more interesting addition, in my opinion.

I agree that Detoxifene won't see much use, but for a different reason. Omnizine already purges toxins without purging other chems, and having something that does it slightly faster but far worse (organ damage, faster depletion rate and lower overdose rate) would make it very much unused. Even potassium iodide would be preferred because while you'd be getting more organ damage, you'd also be able to whip the stuff out far faster and easier than needing to heat up two different chemicals and mix it all together.

If we want a chem that heals toxins and doesn't purge chemicals, we 100% gotta buff it up in some way. So, here's an odd idea to keep it in theme: why not make it so other medical chems in the system actually stick around longer? A sort of anti-calomel. Gives doctors something to experiment with, and could actually be used as a poison to lengthen an overdose.