Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make prefixes for radio chanels consistent between jobs.
Now I'm pretty sure I will never stop mistaking heads channel for engineering channel whenever I'm CE, or engineering channel for no cha[public channel whenever I play QM or mechanic.

Make it so that heads can speak on heads channel via :h, engineering with :e, research with :r, medical with :m and in special cases (i.e. multi-frequency and operatives headsets, :h traditionally corresponds to special frequency).
If you wanted to have the exact sameish setup as baystation, Heads could have :c for command and science would have :r for research.

Also bay uses :b for borg.

not required considering there isn't much cross between baystation players and goon players, but a little uniformity never hurt anyone.
I don't know anything about baystation and I did not have it in mind when I made my proposal. Problem occurs when, in order to speak on science channel. RD needs to use :r and scientists need to use :h. When CE needs to speak on engineering channel he needs to use :e and engineers, miners, mechanics, QM use :e. Medical Director uses :m, medics use :h. I haven't played security in a while, but I assume they use :h where Captain, HoP and HoS use :g. Difference between heads and personnel is insignificant compared to choice of genre of responsibilities I believe that nomenclature of channels at it's present state is a mistake and it will be beneficial to fix it.