Jay Kouri, Head of Sil---Security
Usual character name: Jay Kouri
BYOND username: Grutradle
Discord username (if you are on our discord): Grutradle#5125

Recommended by (if applicable): @Rex#2083 ( The Specimen) 
Goon servers you play: Goon 1

Reason for application: I've been playing sec on and off for a while now, I've gained insight on the rights, the wrongs, and the weird. 
I wanna be the help that teaches new security assistants on basic tasks, and how to not grow into bitter, angry players who murder-bone antags when their first reported or spotted, and if not teaching sec-asses, its retraining rusty security players or players who jumped into the role and just want to hit Staffies and clowns with their batons for pulling harmless pranks.

Security experience (300 word minimum):
  I've had a number of experiences, and some experience to share to the new folk who want to become better officers.[b][b] from hunting wizards late at night as the detective with Garion, to Culling peaceful protests with Shill.[/b][/b]
[b][b] [/b][/b]
[b][b]New players shouldn't worry too much about being the end all be all.[/b][/b]
[b][b]their purpose as Security Assistants in the grand scheme of things is to be the more civilian sector officer. you handle the petty fights that happen in bar when the two staffies get drunk and start a fight, or some person is doing some minor tiding. [/b][/b]

[b][b] Security is also one of the few jobs that relies on trust. trust in you, your team, your equipment, and trust in the crew.[/b][/b]
[b][b]if your only notable action is running around with your taser shooting random people and putting people in harms way then you're going to lose the crews trust, and your teams trust. We have more eyes on us as security officers and Assistants because we have access to powerful stuns and weapons at any given point in time, we are meant to protect the crew, and bring justice to those who offend our way of life.[/b][/b]

[b][b] Antags are also meant to be a stressful but fun experience, the only time an antag should be killed is if they're in a full committed rampage, OR they're a special case like nukies or blob.[/b][/b]
they're players as well and deserve to have some fun, but that doesn't mean go easy on them. give em hell and back, but be sure to take them in alive if possible or clone and take their gear, force em to think and reengage with different tactics or to attempt to steal it back.

Another thing, Communicate. for the  LOVE of the Ommnisiah COMMUNICATE! your radio, and your alert buttons are your friend.
you see a strange person with a body in their hands down the hall and your by yourself? radio it in and hit that alert button. 
strange feeling about the room your in front of and hear strange noises? radio it in and wait for friends. you're only as alone as you set yourself to be
when you have a team just around the corner just waiting for an alert to go off so they can save or help you.

[b][b] [/b][/b]

Answer two or more of the following:
  • What advice would you give to other sec players?:  Be smart, be kind, and always trust your gut. Your gut will get you out of 90% of the issues a security officer might face in the heat of the moment. but don't just fly blind on just your gut feeling use that  noggin, and keep you and your team in the fight and keep the crew alive.          Also. don't get mad at the game, or yourself. its just a game. Specemansimulator13 has a lot of ups an downs, and security is just a job. if you keep a positive mindset, you'll have fun in security.
  • What was one of your favorite security moments? (Either playing as a sec officer or interacting with one)
      I've had some funny security moments happen to ME while I play clown. from being glued to Syvester and Garion we had to fight the random movement of Syvester, while also trying to move our own way just to get anywhere. the round was a major highlight in my clowning career and its still something I love to bring up. My other favorite moment that have happend to me as a clown interacting with security is claiming Shill as my father. The context doesn't exist, it started as a meme and just grew into a continued thing as time progressed and its nothing but hilarious to be both apart of and to watch.  
  • Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer. 
      this is fairly tricky, because as a team I try and use a lot of communication and try and keep tabs with my other officers.this is also when I'm the most lenient with antags and will give them fair timings on their arrests.as a solo officer/det I'm much more ruthless at the start. but its also when I ignore most petty crimes that aren't something that can't be handles peacefully by others. Antags aren't as lucky, they might get some brig time, or they might just get robusted immediately  depending on how violent they are or if I catch them at a later time doing the same things that got them caught.reguardless of either standing Rampagers and certain antags get 0 choice in level of force that given to them for their crimes and antics. im looking at YOU wizards! 
Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):
  • Write a poem to convey your thoughts on security/NanoTrasen/space/bees/anything related to SS13.
     A bee is a friend-Fuzzy round and cute they are- in bees we trust, yes.
  • What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run?
     CLOWNCURITY! its been done before I bet but the Head of Silly and the honk-offs shall declare war on the evil mimes and rid the station of squares and silence!
Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): 2 bans, One for stealing a chair(1hour), The other was for shooting someone with a phaser. ( 10 mins)
We appreciate the time and effort you put into this application, but have decided to deny it due to a lack of community response. You're welcome to reapply in 60 days, which would be 2023-10-08. In the meantime, I'd encourage you to keep sec officering!