Jamal jones for mentor
Usual character name: Jamal jones

BYOND username: deathrobotpunch1
Discord username (if you are on our discord): deathrobotpunch#3375
Recommended by (if applicable): that one admin that said I should apply in a few months after my first application.
Goon servers you play: goon 1 mainly sometimes 3

Reason for application + game experience (300 word minimum): the main reason I want to apply is because I love helping people, it’s sort of that satisfaction of giving someone the required knowledge to do stuff successfully.

I have played and excelled at every non gimmick role in the game and have read all pretty much the whole wiki, I am well informed of the fine nuances and features of the game and also have experience outside of goonstation as well.

Medical- I have high experience in the medical sector and know what medicines or treatments are required to heal someone, I know how to do the basics of surgery, almost the full extent of robotics and knowing the uses of certain tools such as using a penlight to determine brain damage, a hemostat to stop bleeding during surgery and using a stethoscope to figure out what the hell robotics has done to the clown.

Engineering- I am very highly experienced in engineering as one of my favourite jobs, I know how to set up all of the different engines/power sources in all of the stations, how to fix broken machinery, wire hacking, intermediate knowledge of mechcomp and how to generate thousands of dollars selling rock worm shit through the power of  **supply**. I love doing random stupid shit as engineering as I feel it allows me to give the crew members something to enjoy.

Security- unlike other mentors out there probably the department I have the least experience in, mainly it is because I hate being the one to end someone’s enjoyment as antag if they are only being mildly antagonistic, otherwise I have played the job and know the full ins and outs but not very experienced.

Science- my experience with science varies, I am not very good at chemistry (compared to absolute chem nerds) or toxins. Otherwise, I am highly experienced in ArtSci, telescience, DWAINE programming (includes guardbuddies) and know how to make beaker bomb assemblies.  

Service- I have advanced knowledge in the fine art of getting the crew drunker than the captain on space Patrick’s day and brewing up exotic cocktails. As chef I ‘could’ cook exquisite masterpieces of food, but I much rather make brain, butt and cheese in uranium broth stew because I LOVE giving the crew food poisoning. I am a master of botany as that was the first job I ever played in the entirety of SS13 itself, I know how to grow plants, make drugs, increase stats, splice plants and do plant genetics. Out of all the times I played I probably only did rancher once or twice, I didn’t find it very interesting as it was pretty much grind food, put on floor, collect egg, make more chicken with not that much rewards in the process.

Antag- I have played almost every antag role apart from flock and hunter and I know how to kill people efficiently, the play style, strengths, weaknesses and abilities of all of the antag roles. Though most of the time instead of using my powers for evil I tend to be more of the neutral side of it and use my extra abilities to make the round more exciting for everyone else.

I feel that If I become mentor then I can make my and everyone else’s experiences fun and exciting while fulfilling my want to help people, I always felt inspired by those who guided me on my journey into SS13 and want to be that same figure to someone else.

Previous bans?: one for breaking law one of ghostdroning and two for saying forbidden words 
We appreciate the time and effort you put into this application, but have decided to deny it due to a lack of community response. You're welcome to reapply in 60 days, which would be 2023-10-08. In the meantime, I'd encourage you to keep being a friendly and welcoming member of the community!