Feedback Open letter to the Admin and Dev team
> During my two years in the community the few changes or added content I can name off the top of my head is the Wraith rework, Nadir and Flock getting finished.

Lots of content and features got added. You are focusing only on the big ones. It has zero to do with RP. Big features rarely get finished because they require time and effort and dedication and not burning out.

> More often than not an admin can come into a round, run a gimmick that may or may not ruin the experience of the players without any say on the matter. Just because they are admins.

I rarely see players voicing any resposne to a gimmick even when I ask them to do so. I'd happily stop or amend what I'm doing in a round but I can't read minds. If you are dissatisfied let us know during the round.

> others will not with some arbitrary hidden rule about having ‘unspent tokens’.

There is no such rule.

> Whenever an admin complaint is filed, and there are some with numerous, It feels like nothing is done.

Yeah that's usually true. We do discuss the feedback and get headaches but sadly they rarely lead to any changes.

> The handling of rule breaks applies the same way too, instead of a uniform or standardisation of punishments, one admin might just warn you the other might ban you for a week.

I agree that this is something we do poorly and ideally it'd in some way change. No clue how.

> a lack of proper response from the admin team when it is reviewed

There have been recent discussions among us devs and admins about that and about how we should give more feeback on PRs. Idk if it'll improve or not, hopefully yes. But at least we are hearing the feedback on it and try to push each other a bit to be better in this regard.

> We see a stagnation of the game.

I don't think we do? Pop fluctuates up and down and is seasonal. It also goes up when the game itself gets more popular and then has a slow dropoff.

> However as soon as criticism is issued by the community, it is perceived in a negative light.

The thing is that a lot of the time the criticism just boils down to dogpiling and bashing on the devs. I'm honestly pretty burnt out on goonstation because of this and I feel like whatever I do or don't do is just get community to start yelling at me. Ideally we'd take in all criticism but also idk how.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Open letter to the Admin and Dev team - by pali6 - 05-27-2023, 11:38 AM