Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Hotwired Doors Shouldn’t be Able to Insta-Gib
(05-25-2023, 01:28 PM)Lord_earthfire Wrote: I simply think there should be no counterplay in the situation for a single person. Only for the crew as a whole, where is exists (fixing the hotwire).

This whole game is a play of attrition between the station and antags. The crew are the recources. And they are easy replenishable by the fast design of cloning/doctoring. So to drain this recource with effort, cheap deaths or prrmanent station danage (aka bombing cloning/spacing the station) are a necessity.

You fall over and hope that your crewmember put one and one together and get the situation under control. The result is you getting unrecoverable turned to crisp with not much permanent damage. That feels bad on an individual level, but is in line with how that works on a macro-level.

Wow no.. heavy disagree on this... well for Goonstation.

If cheap deaths and bombing cloning bay are a nessacisity for antagonists. Then that's a bad thing in my opinion.
Cheap deaths tend to.. well cheapen the game...

And in classic, if a cheap way of killing is effective. It will be spammed, over.. and over... and over...... and over...
Till it is just not fun and people will start metaing to avoid that.

I think SS13 is ment to be abit more creative then: "Killing people as fast and cheap as possible."
But that's just me... anyway... derailment has gone on too much.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hotwired Doors Shouldn’t be Able to Insta-Gib - by Kotlol - 05-25-2023, 01:41 PM