Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Hotwired Doors Shouldn’t be Able to Insta-Gib
(05-24-2023, 12:58 PM)Kotlol Wrote: A: Happens a lot on accident
B: *insert wrong relic*
C: That's most doors.

As Snowy points out.. they spawned, didn't know of the hotwiring, touched the 1st door and DIED. Just having an indication something that can be shocked is fine. We have that for bolted doors too.

B) never happens on accident. You need to connect an artifact geberator over an open cable, which doesn't exist in artlab and a person need to purposefully drag ot to maintance. Beyond that, generator arts are fairly rare.

Firstly, the 3 things happening at the same time is rare. Especially c) is especially rare and most often only actually doable if you rogued the AI beforehand to have it shock the doors after you set the hotwire.

Because once the engine is hotwired, you got ~30 seconds until you got the first person crying about a hotwire over the coms.

To effective pull this off, you need a hotwire and a rogue AI.

That culmulates to the point that at least i can comfortably say that i only got door-gibbed around 2 times in my complete playtime here on goon.

And like i said, cheap dearhs are part of the game and happens. Especially if you latejoin there is simply no guarantee that the station is not in disarray and majorly trapped.

(05-24-2023, 01:29 PM)Snowy :D Wrote: While on the topic of cheap deaths, what other kinds of cheap death are there? The only thing that I can think of would be microbomb implants, although those typically require the user to sacrifice themselves to work.

Teleport death traps (teleport gun, telescience, teleport components), NO2-traps, graviton railguns. TTV's, pipebombs, sea4, black powder, mirror-enabled ptl death ray, disposals into the singularity.

And like 1/3 of traitor and security weaponry if you get jumped with it.

point blank derringer, sleepy pen, a stun baton out of nowhere combined with a prion pill. Fibre wire (when it works like intended), syringe gun with poison bottles. Emagged hypospray.

Many stealth kills are in fact "cheap deaths". It's just that the illusion exist you could do something or you can see it coming when you metagame.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hotwired Doors Shouldn’t be Able to Insta-Gib - by Lord_earthfire - 05-24-2023, 08:50 PM