Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
Remove the Stelka
My idea is remove the stelka laser.

This is primarily: I have no played a round in a loooooong time where someone didn't rush it within 5 minutes of round start, often less.

The whole reason all the chests got pulled was people rushing them, but we left the equivalent of a 10,000 credit pod weapon out where it is rushed, pretty consistently. 

I dunno. I just don't think it adds anything at all other then ;something to rush the derelicts; for, which isn't supposed to be a thing we do at all.
Better idea: Put it somewhere with a bit more risk involved, like some of the other stuff. Make it so that having a Stelka is a "wow, cool" moment and less of a "oh, huh" one. I don't like the idea of removing content because of a couple of bad eggs, but moving it somewhere which requires more investment, could be cool.
How about ahelping the pod nerds rushing it every round?

It's verly likely the same people.

But i think adding some risk to aquiring the weapon would be a good idea. That did the trick with other debris loot as well
Yea if the lazer is over used. Change and nerf it.

As for pod rushing... I do this too on RP sometimes to get gimmick stuff from space into the station. Mostly revolving returning Chaplain traits.
I disagree on the nerf. It's supposed to be unique, good, rare, and powerful. While debris/AZone powergamers are a problem in their own, I wouldn't be against placing the ship in a better defended place. This would both prevent podnerding as well as keeping the strelka's reputation and preventing it from becoming standard laser but reskin.

Another suggestion I've seen, and that I agreed with, was making it fixed to the pod, that way you can't remove it at all, and it would prevent some of the more powerful combinations from showing up (like sec/synd pods with the strelka, too maneuverable and tanky to reliably take down).
I'd rather it and the laser be put in separate places, the pod be locked and a hostile NPC be added

or you could ahelp and we'll take note of the people who rush it every round...
Since those people are pretty minority it would be better handled in game by admins rather than deleted outright
I feel like I wouldn't want it removed, rather just moved to be harder to get to and therefore more rewarding. Or Ahelped if its rushed every round by the same people.
Leave the strelka. Just downgrade it's default laser (or give it some other neat but not powerful one) and put it elsewhere. Worst case have the ship partially disassembled and force them to build it if they want it.
The first person to enter a strelka should probably be logged
why not make the strelka function like the captain's laser (where you have to repair it and to get maximum efficiency you have to utilize matsci)
(05-23-2023, 04:47 PM)babayetu83 Wrote: why not make the strelka function like the captain's laser (where you have to repair it and to get maximum efficiency you have to utilize matsci)
If this is done it should wait until a matsci rework, like the captain's gun being changed from using prefixes is
(05-23-2023, 04:47 PM)babayetu83 Wrote: why not make the strelka function like the captain's laser (where you have to repair it and to get maximum efficiency you have to utilize matsci)

because absolutely nobody would do it or one guy would figure out how to minmax it and everyone would do it
Just make the laser unremovable from the Strelka, god.

edit: also make the comms device work the way it used to where it could only interface with syndicate pod bay doors and not NT ones.
The comms system still doesn't talk to NT pod bays, and I've made the weapon system itself unremovable.