Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Speed radio numpad hot keys
Because the normal radio shortcut takes too long and the numpad is perfect for that use, it would make it so if a person was getting assaulted or it’s an emergency they could easily talk in radio with one press instead of pressing the radio shortcut and selecting a channel or using a prefix.
I seriously don't think calling out antag activity on the radio needs any kind of speed up.
(06-01-2023, 12:01 AM)Lord_earthfire Wrote: I seriously don't think calling out antag activity on the radio needs any kind of speed up.
This already exists in the game. Pressing the semicolon key will instantly open general frequency. What this does is make it so that common frequencies, like Medical or Engineering, have their own semicolon button. How does that make antag callouts better...? Ah, I guess if Security has it's own hotkey, that could cause problems. But they do already have the emergency alert PDA module that replaces their flashlight. Not sure it'd be problematic, and I'd love to see quality of life features like this
Huh, i actually just knew the "y"-hotkey exists for coms, which at least requires a menu to go to the comms needed. If that's already a thing, my point is falling away then.
(06-01-2023, 10:38 AM)Lord_earthfire Wrote: Huh, i actually just knew the "y"-hotkey exists for coms, which at least requires a menu to go to the comms needed. If that's already a thing, my point is falling away then.

It would help a lot with roles like the AI and captain when you need to quickly respond to crises and also for QOL reasons
Great idea. In fact I recall you pushing the most cursed PR the other day, presumably on accident while trying to implement this. But as I recall, your PR specifically listed as a reason, "So when I am being murdered I can easily out them on radio". So your statement of acting like "how does this make antag callouts better?" seems weird, knowing that you yourself said that's why you wanted it in the game in your PR.

Nevertheless, the QoL part of it stands. It's just convenient to have a button assigned to different radio channels.
(06-02-2023, 01:25 AM)Glamurio Wrote: Great idea. In fact I recall you pushing the most cursed PR the other day, presumably on accident while trying to implement this. But as I recall, your PR specifically listed as a reason, "So when I am being murdered I can easily out them on radio". So your statement of acting like "how does this make antag callouts better?" seems weird, knowing that you yourself said that's why you wanted it in the game in your PR.

Nevertheless, the QoL part of it stands. It's just convenient to have a button assigned to different radio channels.

Besides if you don't want the radio to betray you as an antag... get a signal blocker.
Or setup a "kill zone"
My main issue is that it feels like a waste of the numpad, which I think could be put to better use than that.

now that I think of it, isn't the numpad far away from where either of your hands are going to be most of the time?