Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Syndicate item: Agent Radio
(Mostly a gimmick item)
Comes in a box full of agent radios (1TC?)

First time you use it, choose the radio icon from all NT + Syndicate operative and what headset it will be disguised as.

Functions as an uplink that starts with no TC. TC can be inserted as normal

Starts with general and syndicate radio channels
Can scan other radios to get access to more radio channels

can be used as a auditory headset

Maybe could do?:
  • Being able to toggle radio channels, change icon and color in the uplink menu
  • Be able to scan radios by standing a few seconds next to someone wearing a radio
  • 20% Ear Insulation (same as radio show host)

Use:
Secrure communication with other antags
Taking all of your TC out and putting them in the radio in case people steal/confiscate your PDA

With agent card + voice changer:
Pretending to be other people on radio
Revealing yourself/your alter identity as syndicate agent (For example talking as the Kidnapper with syndie icon)
At 1st I was worried this allows antags to talk with eachother outside of antags like conspirators, but now I see...this is actually a good idea.
Gives a real "SPY SENSE" while also doubling as the headset that will "reveal you as an antag"

Since it costs TC to obtain... It's 100% okay for me. Since I hate going to the Listening post to get headsets there. This just removes a step right away.
At 1st I was worried this allows antags to talk with eachother outside of antags like conspirators, but now I see...this is actually a good idea.
Gives a real "SPY SENSE" while also doubling as the headset that will "reveal you as an antag"

Since it costs TC to obtain... It's 100% okay for me. Since I hate going to the Listening post to get headsets there. This just removes a step right away.
Just seems like a way better wiretap?
(05-22-2023, 01:22 AM)Cal Wrote: Just seems like a way better wiretap?

I forgot bout the wiretap XD
But yea it's better then. The concept seems more fun then wire tapping though.
(05-22-2023, 01:22 AM)Cal Wrote: Just seems like a way better wiretap?

Forgot about wiretap. Would be worse than wiretap since you would need already have a security radio scan it, while wiretap starts with all secure channels
I have made a PR adding this. I scrapped the uplink idea but i do think that it's worth revisiting in the future