Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What if stun durations were reduced ?
(05-19-2023, 02:14 PM)The Specimen Wrote:
I would like to preface this that I do not know if this is a good idea or not, this is just an idea that we can discuss.

So I've been playing GoonStation for a while now and I'd like to state that first and foremost I am in no way shape or form in any position to dictate balance of the game. But however I do want to propose, a discussion about reducing stuns from non antag and non chems. Baton and flash are the main offenders. I think since security is able to handcuff you in 2 seconds. ( 4 if you aren't security. ) Hand cuffs require a long time to be removed. 40 to 70 ? Or something akin to that I am unsure what the exact numbers are. 

Currently, the baton will down you for 30 seconds. Half a minute of immobility where you are for the most part harmless ( unless you're a vampire ) now I know you can reduce this with drugs such as meth. Regardless usually you'll still be down for a very long time. 1 baton in theory can keep up to 5 people down, provided you've the charge. Add that to cuffs and you've basically condemned the person. 

Security isn't meant to be a push over. I know that much. However I do think it's odd how with one tool you're able to fend off several people. I think in scenario where it's two against one, it's fair for the officer to hold their own. But anything further than that and I think it's a little strange. A single officer can easily manage 3 people or more. 

Now what is my proposal ? 10 seconds hard cap on stun batons and/or flashes. With this said I don't know how this would mesh with drugs. Should they just not work against stun batons ? Of course this is just a discussion / suggestion. I can totally see if it isn't feasible. As a matter of fact I wanted to share this explicitly to see what the community thinks including developers and admins.

Share thoughts below - Specimen

I proof read it TWICE and still it made some mistake and there's an invisible .3 pixel word Goon station hates me...

I could suggest that stun batons have a 1 second cool-down per stun so that way they can’t drop multiple people in 3 seconds unless they are good and also allows the person being stunned a grace window to try and prevent the attack