Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Separate brain and nerve damage
That's basically it, divide brain damage and nerve damage so that brain damage controls things such as understanding words/speaking, using equipment, general stuff someone with a concussion might struggle with, and in more severe cases, stuff like coma or straight up having the brain push out the client even if the person is still 'alive'. Nerve damage acquiring the intermitent and proggressive suffocation effects, as well as paralysis and difficulty to move/physically act(current BRAIN DAMAGE does both those things at once).

Why? Because they way current brain damage works is *weird*. One too many doses of meth may as well be a black mamba bite, and drowning too, it shouldn't cause neurotoxin-like paralysis, as well as that, saxitoxin and neurotoxin being seemingly laced with giga-lead doesn't really feel right in any shape or form.
the brain is still responsible for controlling the nerves. BRAIN damage is a fairly goofy abstraction of this. for example, brain-induced suffocation was originally light-heartedly passed as 'forgetting how to breathe'

i dont really see how this separation benefits anything. it turns a fairly understandable, distinct damage type into two super-similar damage types purely to make things less "weird" (by your standards).

what benefits do we get from this fudgy middle ground where one does "disability into suffocation then death" and the other "suffocation into disability then death"?
I don't think I can think of a single balancing case for a chem using the latter (where you're better off with a combo of BRAIN and LOSEBREATH), and the former is just what we have now.